Broken part on 8rda+, can't recognize

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Rook, May 28, 2007.

  1. Rook

    Rook Guest

    At first I must sorry for my bad english

    I've got broken part on my epox 8rda+ and I cant remove it becouse i don't
    exactly know what is it.

    I think that is SMD condenser, but what exactly?

    Thanks for your help.

    here is foto of this part anl location
    http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smdlg7.jpg

    1. Advertising

  2. Graham W

    Graham W Guest

    Rook wrote:
    > At first I must sorry for my bad english
    >
    > I've got broken part on my epox 8rda+ and I cant remove it becouse i
    > don't exactly know what is it.
    >
    > I think that is SMD condenser, but what exactly?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >

    > here is foto of this part anl location
    > http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smdlg7.jpg

    It is not a Capacitor (Condenser). All ID reference numbers for capcitors
    start with 'C', like C456 nearby. I think it is a fuse and may be
    associated
    with the Joystick port, which it is very close to, or maybe a Usb port
    header.

    What has stopped working to make you suspicious?

    WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
    Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Graham W wrote:

    > Rook wrote:
    >> At first I must sorry for my bad english
    >>
    >> I've got broken part on my epox 8rda+ and I cant remove it becouse i
    >> don't exactly know what is it.
    >>
    >> I think that is SMD condenser, but what exactly?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help.
    >>

    >> here is foto of this part anl location
    >> http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smdlg7.jpg

    > It is not a Capacitor (Condenser). All ID reference numbers for capcitors
    > start with 'C', like C456 nearby. I think it is a fuse and may be
    > associated
    > with the Joystick port, which it is very close to, or maybe a Usb port
    > header.
    >
    > What has stopped working to make you suspicious?
    >

    > --
    > Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
    > WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
    > Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps
    > Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

    Another possibility, is "FB" might stand for Ferrite Bead, a filtering
    element. PDF page 17 has some examples of chip beads, suitable for
    surface mount applications. The DC resistance of the Ferrite Bead should
    be close to zero. If it measures an open circuit, then it could be
    broken. It is basically a wire, with ferrite material around it.

    http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/pdf/15th_Edition_Fair-Rite_Catalog_Board_Level_SM.pdf

    Paul

  4. dave

    dave Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message news:f3g32g$g9e$...
    > Graham W wrote:
    >>
    >> Rook wrote:
    >>> At first I must sorry for my bad english
    >>>
    >>> I've got broken part on my epox 8rda+ and I cant remove it becouse i
    >>> don't exactly know what is it.
    >>>
    >>> I think that is SMD condenser, but what exactly?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your help.
    >>>

    >>> here is foto of this part anl location
    >>> http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smdlg7.jpg

    >> It is not a Capacitor (Condenser). All ID reference numbers for capcitors
    >> start with 'C', like C456 nearby. I think it is a fuse and may be
    >> associated
    >> with the Joystick port, which it is very close to, or maybe a Usb port
    >> header.
    >>
    >> What has stopped working to make you suspicious?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
    >> WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
    >> Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps
    >> Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.
    >>

    > Another possibility, is "FB" might stand for Ferrite Bead, a filtering
    > element. PDF page 17 has some examples of chip beads, suitable for
    > surface mount applications. The DC resistance of the Ferrite Bead should
    > be close to zero. If it measures an open circuit, then it could be
    > broken. It is basically a wire, with ferrite material around it.
    >
    > http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/pdf/15th_Edition_Fair-Rite_Catalog_Board_Level_SM.pdf
    >
    > Paul

    Whatever it is, it's burned up. Something must have shorted.

    DaveL

  5. Paul wrote:
    >>> At first I must sorry for my bad english
    >>>

    >[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
    >> Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps
    >> Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

    >Another possibility, is "FB" might stand for Ferrite Bead, a filtering
    >element. PDF page 17 has some examples of chip beads, suitable for
    >surface mount applications. The DC resistance of the Ferrite Bead should
    >be close to zero. If it measures an open circuit, then it could be
    >broken. It is basically a wire, with ferrite material around it.
    >
    >http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/pdf/15th_Edition_Fair-Rite_Catalog_Board_Level_SM.pdf
    >
    > Paul

    It may be Ferrite Bead, searching on teh net i found that it may be SMD 1206
    0 Ohm. Coud be it?

    something lika that: http://www.cyfronika.com.pl/RYSUNKI/smdrez.jpg