    Many thanks in advance to anyone who is kind enough to reply.

    #
    T.

    Toby, Apr 20, 2006

  2. Toby

    VanShania Guest

    I would say stick with what you got for now unless your noticing some
    bottlenecks. If you can setup a raid 0 array and use dual channel memory
    maybe try that. But if you have to upgrade, wait till AMD's AM2 standard
    comes out in June. Check this read out to help with your decision.
    http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTAwMiwxNiwsaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

    --
    GA-K8NSC-939 nForce3, A64 3500+, Stock Cooler IdleTemp 28 C
    2 Gb Dual Channel PC3200 OCZ Platinum 2-3-2-5 CL2.5

    3DMark 05 Free Scores- Overall 1815, Cpu 4535
    Max Performance Graphic Settings, 1024X768

    Games I'm Playing- Battlezone II, IL-2 Sturmovick Series
    Empire Earth 2, Need For Speed: Underground
    2,
    Civ IV

    VanShania, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Toby

    Frobinrobin Guest

    Wow.. wish I had £1000 to spend!
    But listen to VanShania - Save your money for the new chipset!
    I used to have a old Pentium socket 478 - which I got tired of - and so
    upgraded to an AMD socket 940 (at a cost of £1200 then).. then a few
    months later they brought out the Socket 939, now I've finally upgraded
    to socket 939 (at a cost of about £800) - and they are bringing out
    Socket AM2!

    £1000 should buy a nice system - why not spend some of it now on a
    decent 17"-19" TFT monitor if you dont have one? <Dont listen to me
    ...I have an upgrade addiction!!>

    Frobinrobin, Apr 27, 2006