1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Building a high performance notebook

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Roy, May 24, 2010.

  1. Roy

    Roy Guest

    Hello group
    As I have noticed their are price difference between different
    manufacturers of high performance desktop replacement system.
    Some can go to to nearly 5000USD( alienware , eurcom, novatech,killer
    notebooks in certain brands while other are just below 2000USD( for
    ASUS , ACER etc).
    What are really the cost of each part of such notebook
    Say, the quadcore chip, high end graphics, card the Hidef 1080p
    LCD,etc..why there are always a price discrepancy between
    manufacturers....?

    Roy
     
    Roy, May 24, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Roy

    Bob Villa Guest

    On May 23, 7:51 pm, Roy <> wrote:
    > Hello group
    > As I have  noticed their are price difference between different
    > manufacturers of high performance desktop  replacement system.
    > Some can go to to nearly 5000USD( alienware , eurcom, novatech,killer
    > notebooks in certain brands while other are just below 2000USD( for
    > ASUS , ACER etc).
    > What are really the cost of each part of such notebook
    > Say, the quadcore chip, high end graphics, card the Hidef 1080p
    > LCD,etc..why there are always a price discrepancy between
    > manufacturers....?
    >
    > Roy


    Roy, is that the English that most people use in Milton? 8^)

    bob_v
     
    Bob Villa, May 24, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Roy

    Roy Guest

    On May 24, 8:02 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    > On May 23, 7:51 pm, Roy <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello group
    > > As I have  noticed their are price difference between different
    > > manufacturers of high performance desktop  replacement system.
    > > Some can go to to nearly 5000USD( alienware , eurcom, novatech,killer
    > > notebooks in certain brands while other are just below 2000USD( for
    > > ASUS , ACER etc).
    > > What are really the cost of each part of such notebook
    > > Say, the quadcore chip, high end graphics, card the Hidef 1080p
    > > LCD,etc..why there are always a price discrepancy between
    > > manufacturers....?

    >
    > > Roy

    >
    > Roy, is that the English that most people use in Milton?  8^)
    >
    > bob_v


    Does paradise lost have something todo with laptops?
     
    Roy, May 25, 2010
    #3
  4. Roy

    Bob Villa Guest

    On May 24, 6:49 pm, Roy <> wrote:
    > On May 24, 8:02 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On May 23, 7:51 pm, Roy <> wrote:

    >
    > > > Hello group
    > > > As I have  noticed their are price difference between different
    > > > manufacturers of high performance desktop  replacement system.
    > > > Some can go to to nearly 5000USD( alienware , eurcom, novatech,killer
    > > > notebooks in certain brands while other are just below 2000USD( for
    > > > ASUS , ACER etc).
    > > > What are really the cost of each part of such notebook
    > > > Say, the quadcore chip, high end graphics, card the Hidef 1080p
    > > > LCD,etc..why there are always a price discrepancy between
    > > > manufacturers....?

    >
    > > > Roy

    >
    > > Roy, is that the English that most people use in Milton?  8^)

    >
    > > bob_v

    >
    > Does paradise lost have something todo with laptops?


    The city...not the author!?
     
    Bob Villa, May 25, 2010
    #4
  5. Roy

    Roy Guest

    On May 25, 7:24 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    > On May 24, 6:49 pm, Roy <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On May 24, 8:02 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:

    >
    > > > On May 23, 7:51 pm, Roy <> wrote:

    >
    > > > > Hello group
    > > > > As I have  noticed their are price difference between different
    > > > > manufacturers of high performance desktop  replacement system.
    > > > > Some can go to to nearly 5000USD( alienware , eurcom, novatech,killer
    > > > > notebooks in certain brands while other are just below 2000USD( for
    > > > > ASUS , ACER etc).
    > > > > What are really the cost of each part of such notebook
    > > > > Say, the quadcore chip, high end graphics, card the Hidef 1080p
    > > > > LCD,etc..why there are always a price discrepancy between
    > > > > manufacturers....?

    >
    > > > > Roy

    >
    > > > Roy, is that the English that most people use in Milton?  8^)

    >
    > > > bob_v

    >
    > > Does paradise lost have something todo with laptops?

    >
    > The city...not the author!?- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Where is that,,,? from the planet Mars?
     
    Roy, May 27, 2010
    #5
  6. Roy

    Bob Villa Guest

    On May 26, 6:37 pm, Roy <> wrote:
    > On May 25, 7:24 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On May 24, 6:49 pm, Roy <> wrote:

    >
    > > > On May 24, 8:02 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:

    >
    > > > > On May 23, 7:51 pm, Roy <> wrote:

    >
    > > > > > Hello group
    > > > > > As I have  noticed their are price difference between different
    > > > > > manufacturers of high performance desktop  replacement system.
    > > > > > Some can go to to nearly 5000USD( alienware , eurcom, novatech,killer
    > > > > > notebooks in certain brands while other are just below 2000USD( for
    > > > > > ASUS , ACER etc).
    > > > > > What are really the cost of each part of such notebook
    > > > > > Say, the quadcore chip, high end graphics, card the Hidef 1080p
    > > > > > LCD,etc..why there are always a price discrepancy between
    > > > > > manufacturers....?

    >
    > > > > > Roy

    >
    > > > > Roy, is that the English that most people use in Milton?  8^)

    >
    > > > > bob_v

    >
    > > > Does paradise lost have something todo with laptops?

    >
    > > The city...not the author!?- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > > - Show quoted text -

    >
    > Where is that,,,? from the planet Mars?


    Just my point...normally it would be: Where is that...on the planet
    Mars? From? What the...!
     
    Bob Villa, May 27, 2010
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Phillip Parr

    kv8-pro high cpu temp/high fans

    Phillip Parr, Oct 14, 2004, in forum: Abit
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    331
    Anders E.D
    Oct 29, 2004
  2. KL234
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    332
    Dave Hau
    Feb 26, 2004
  3. KL234
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    330
    Dave Hau
    Feb 26, 2004
  4. Hans Summers

    Re: z80 reset: /ACK high or high-z?

    Hans Summers, Aug 26, 2003, in forum: Embedded
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    324
    Yvo Zoer
    Aug 27, 2003
  5. Chessaurus
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    635
Loading...

Share This Page