buying new laptop, need help asap

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by pomader, May 27, 2008.

  1. pomader

    pomader

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    I need to buy a laptop within the next week or so and I have a budget of around $1000. My budget pretty much puts macs out of the question so a pc laptop with have to do. Can anyone recommend a nice laptop with good battery life and a 15' or bigger screen. I was told I need a duo core processer and at least 2gig of ram. Are they any other things I should have in a laptop for graphic design? (I will be using photoshop,illustrator,indesign, no 3d rendering softwear.)

    1. Advertising

  2. guard12

    guard12

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    I think you should go for HP laptops which suits good in your budget. dv9200 is one of the latest one you can also google online for more reviews.:cool:

    1. Advertising

  3. workaholic26

    workaholic26

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    i've had a dell for 4yrs and it still runs strong..haven't had any problems out of it yet..make sure you get at least 1gb ram and at least 120mb hard drive..2g's of ram would be better.. another thing i would recommend before buying one would be look at the warranty, customer satisfaction, etc. etc..oh, and how much money your willing to put into a new laptop is another thing to look at when buying a certain kind of laptop..Toshiba is an excellent laptop but can be pricey..just don't jump into anything..look around for what best fits youhope that helps..