    version, but my board only supports upto 333Mhz DDR. I know that SDRAM
    DIMMs are backwards compatable with slower bus speeds, but what about
    DDRAM?

    Larry Roberts, Apr 20, 2004

  2. "Larry Roberts" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm wondering if 400Mhz DDR memory can run at 333Mhz? I can get the
    > 400Mhz rated DDR for a few bucks cheaper than the 333Mhz rated
    > version, but my board only supports upto 333Mhz DDR. I know that SDRAM
    > DIMMs are backwards compatable with slower bus speeds, but what about
    > DDRAM?

    Usually it will.

    Have you checked the RAM manufacturer's website for specs? It should tell
    you there what speed(s) their RAM will run at and there is usually a
    motherboard compatibility list as well.

    --
    callsignviper

    The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
    the right questions.

    callsignviper, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Larry Roberts

    rstlne Guest

    > I'm wondering if 400Mhz DDR memory can run at 333Mhz? I can get the
    > 400Mhz rated DDR for a few bucks cheaper than the 333Mhz rated
    > version, but my board only supports upto 333Mhz DDR. I know that SDRAM
    > DIMMs are backwards compatable with slower bus speeds, but what about
    > DDRAM?

    Yes..
    If your told no then dont talk to them any more.

    rstlne, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Larry Roberts

    Ben Pope Guest

    Larry Roberts wrote:
    > I'm wondering if 400Mhz DDR memory can run at 333Mhz? I can get the
    > 400Mhz rated DDR for a few bucks cheaper than the 333Mhz rated
    > version, but my board only supports upto 333Mhz DDR. I know that SDRAM
    > DIMMs are backwards compatable with slower bus speeds, but what about
    > DDRAM?

    Well, besides that fact that you're talking about memory rated for 200MHz on
    a board rated for 166MHz.... yes, it should work fine, at 166MHz.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Apr 22, 2004