Can I just transfer OS 9.2 system folder to New iMac?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by underemployed, Oct 29, 2004.

  1. I've got a Powerbook Pismo and want to transfer everything over to a New
    iMac. I plan on transfering everyting via Target Disk Mode. Can I just
    drag my old 9.2 system folder over to the new iMac and have usage of all
    my old programs?

    Thanks for the info.

    Cheers

    1. Advertising

  2. Bev A. Kupf

    Bev A. Kupf Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:13:43 -0600,
    Dave Balderstone (dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca) wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > underemployed <> wrote:
    >
    >> I've got a Powerbook Pismo and want to transfer everything over to a New
    >> iMac. I plan on transfering everyting via Target Disk Mode. Can I just
    >> drag my old 9.2 system folder over to the new iMac and have usage of all
    >> my old programs?

    > In my experience, yes. When you run Classic for the first time OS X
    > will install the Classic support files it needs, and you'll be fine.

    Same experience here, between a G4 and a G5, and between a Pismo
    and an Albook.

    --
    If any ask why we died, tell them 'Because George Bush lied'.
    Don't re-elect a liar. Vote for Kerry on November 2, 2004.