    Ultra ATA/66 with 2 Western Digital Ultra ATA/66, 7200 HD's. I believe
    that the tx2 mentioned above would be backward compatible.
    Thanks, Gibby
    Gibby, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Gibby

    Robert Akins Guest

    I would go to the Promise website and compare the specs (and manuals) for
    the two cards to see if there is any significant difference in compatibility
    and features.
    Robert
    Robert Akins, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Gibby

    Gibby Guest

    Robert:
    The Ultra 100 TX2 controller card supports the latest 66MHz PCI
    motherboards. If one is NOT ready for 66MHz yet, the Ultra 100 XT2 is
    completely backward-compatible with 33 MHz PCI systems or slower Ultra
    ATA/66/33 drives. Data transfer rate: Up to 100/MB/sec burst data
    transfers (with Ultra ATA/100 drives); provides 200 MB/sec bandwidth
    when used in a 66MHz PCI slot (133 MB/s when used in a 33 MHz PCI
    slot). Regarding the earlier Ultra 100 (non xt2), it says that it
    supports data transfer rates up to 100 MB/se. ans up to 133 MB/sec.
    burst transfer rates (though PCI bus). Otherwise there seems to be no
    other differences when looking at the features.
    What do you think? Again, I'm using a later model FIC PA-2013 MB,
    K6-III/450 CPU, Crucial 133 memory (plenty of it), 2 Western Digital
    20 gig. 7600 rpm ATA/66 HD's, Windows 98SE. Looking at eventually
    upgrading to WD 7600 rpm ATA/100 (40 to 80 gig range most likely). I
    value your opinion.
    Thanks, Gibby

    Gibby, Oct 18, 2003