Can the HDD on a Presario 1200 XL100 be upgraded?

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Nick, Dec 29, 2006.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Hi,

    I have a Compaq Presario 1200 XL110 with standard 6.4GB hard drive
    that needs replacement due to increasing bad sectors. Is there a
    relatively painless way to upgrade this notebook to a 20 or 40GB HDD?
    Any help and info is appreciated. Thanks.

    Nick

    BIOS: PhoenixBios 4.0 Release 6.
    BIOS version 0F12
    Copyright 1985-1999
    Fixed Disk 0: Hitachi_DK239A-65

    1. Advertising

  2. HH

    HH Guest

    Might have an 8 GB HD size limit on that model. I'd e-mail Compaq support
    and ask.

    HH