Canon i850 swapping from compatible back to original cartridges.

Discussion in 'Apple' started by wrreisen@yahoo.com, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?

    Any advice welcome thansk.
     
    , Jul 4, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Stevelee Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    > need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    > bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    > previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >
    > Any advice welcome thansk.
    >


    Not a lot of test pages. More likely 1 - 2 full sized photos with lots of
    different colors. What do you mean non compatible cartridges? Are you getting
    poor color match?
     
    Stevelee, Jul 4, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. PC Medic Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    > need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    > bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    > previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >
    > Any advice welcome thansk.
    >


    Two (3 at the most) Deep Cleanings/Head Refreshes is all that should be
    needed to purge and of the other ink from the nozzles.
     
    PC Medic, Jul 4, 2005
    #3
  4. PC Medic Guest

    " Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:LTcye.286$6%...
    >
    >
    > wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    >> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    >> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    >> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >>
    >> Any advice welcome thansk.
    >>

    >
    > Not a lot of test pages. More likely 1 - 2 full sized photos with lots of
    > different colors. What do you mean non compatible cartridges? Are you
    > getting
    > poor color match?


    Printing images to flush ink from the nozzles would not be the optimum way
    as you will not get equal firing on all nozzles.
    Using the Head Refresh function in the Maintenance tab of driver would be
    preferred method to insure all nozzles are flushed equally.
     
    PC Medic, Jul 4, 2005
    #4
  5. Burt Guest

    Go onto the MIS web site and download the purge files. Use the one for the
    number of carts your printer has. Using the cleaning cycles adds to the
    waste ink "tank" and adds a few more cycles to the counter in the printer
    that eventually disables the printer until the waste tank is cleaned and/or
    the counter is reset.

    Depending on how close to OEM colors the compatable carts are, you may be
    getting as close as you will with the OEM carts. Setting the color to
    manual instead of automatic, you can tweak OEM or non-OEM prints. Even with
    OEM carts each of the Canon printers has a "bias" toward certain colors.
    The i960, my printer, leans slightly to Magenta. On some pictures of
    people with a bit more red in their skin tones I back off the Magenta
    slightly. My refilled carts with MIS inks compare favorably with the OEM
    colors in side-by-side photo print comparisons.

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    > need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    > bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    > previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >
    > Any advice welcome thansk.
    >
     
    Burt, Jul 4, 2005
    #5
  6. measekite Guest

    From what you are saying (admitting) is that aftermarket carts leave a
    whole lot to be desired even if they do not clog the printer.

    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    >need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    >bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    >previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >
    >Any advice welcome thansk.
    >
    >
    >
     
    measekite, Jul 5, 2005
    #6
  7. measekite Guest

    Look at all of the bullshit noname inks cause.

    PC Medic wrote:

    >" Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >news:LTcye.286$6%...
    >
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    >>>need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    >>>bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    >>>previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >>>
    >>>Any advice welcome thansk.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >>Not a lot of test pages. More likely 1 - 2 full sized photos with lots of
    >>different colors. What do you mean non compatible cartridges? Are you
    >>getting
    >>poor color match?
    >>
    >>

    >
    >Printing images to flush ink from the nozzles would not be the optimum way
    >as you will not get equal firing on all nozzles.
    >Using the Head Refresh function in the Maintenance tab of driver would be
    >preferred method to insure all nozzles are flushed equally.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
     
    measekite, Jul 5, 2005
    #7
  8. measekite Guest

    Burt wrote:

    >Go onto the MIS web site and download the purge files. Use the one for the
    >number of carts your printer has. Using the cleaning cycles adds to the
    >waste ink "tank" and adds a few more cycles to the counter in the printer
    >that eventually disables the printer until the waste tank is cleaned and/or
    >the counter is reset.
    >
    >Depending on how close
    >

    :-D

    > to OEM colors the compatable carts are, you may be
    >getting as close as you will with the OEM carts.
    >

    :-D

    >Setting the color to
    >manual instead of automatic, you can tweak OEM or non-OEM prints. Even with
    >OEM carts each of the Canon printers has a "bias" toward certain colors.
    >The i960, my printer, leans slightly to Magenta. On some pictures of
    >people with a bit more red in their skin tones I back off the Magenta
    >slightly. My refilled carts with MIS inks compare favorably
    >

    :-D

    >with the OEM
    >colors in side-by-side photo print comparisons.
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    >>need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    >>bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    >>previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >>
    >>Any advice welcome thansk.
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    >
    >
     
    measekite, Jul 5, 2005
    #8
  9. Frank Guest

    measekite wrote:
    > From what you are saying (admitting) is that aftermarket carts leave a
    > whole lot to be desired even if they do not clog the printer.


    I see your reading comprehension hasen't improved one bit.
    Frank
     
    Frank, Jul 5, 2005
    #9
  10. Frank Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    > need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    > bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    > previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >
    > Any advice welcome thansk.
    >


    You may have wasted your money on the oem's and probably won't see any
    difference at all.
    I use only compatibles in my i9900 and I can't see any difference.
    Neither can my clients.

    Frank
     
    Frank, Jul 5, 2005
    #10
  11. Frank Guest

    measekite wrote:

    > Look at all of the bullshit noname inks cause.



    What bullshit?
    Please explain the problem the OP stated they are causing him.
    Frank
     
    Frank, Jul 5, 2005
    #11
  12. measekite Guest

    Frank wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    >> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    >> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    >> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >>
    >> Any advice welcome thansk.
    >>

    >
    > You may have wasted your money on the oem's and probably won't see any
    > difference at all.
    > I use only compatibles in my i9900 and I can't see any difference.
    > Neither can my clients.
    >
    > Frank, the AfterMarket ChurchGoer



    Do not listen to this jerk. OEM inks are the way to go with one exception.

    If your printload is very high like a set of carts a week or something
    high then it may be worth taking a chance on a clog. Once you get a
    clog you can try to clean the head. You can also replace the printer
    and you get a new head and a new set of OEM carts.
     
    measekite, Jul 5, 2005
    #12
  13. measekite Guest

    Frank wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >
    >> Look at all of the bullshit noname inks cause.

    >
    >
    >
    > That is no bullshit?
    > I agree with Measekite
    > Frank
     
    measekite, Jul 5, 2005
    #13
  14. measekite Guest

    Brian Potter wrote:

    >measekite <> wrote in
    >news:8XAye.672$6%:
    >
    >
    >
    >>Look at all of the bullshit noname inks cause.
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >Far less bullshit than you've caused in this ng. In other words, GET LOST
    >TROLL!
    >
    >


    EAT ME SEA OTTER - SEA POTTER :p

    >
    >
    >
     
    measekite, Jul 5, 2005
    #14
  15. Frank Guest

    measekite wrote:
    >
    >
    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for economy. I
    >>> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    >>> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    >>> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >>>
    >>> Any advice welcome thansk.
    >>>

    >>
    >> You may have wasted your money on the oem's and probably won't see any
    >> difference at all.
    >> I use only compatibles in my i9900 and I can't see any difference.
    >> Neither can my clients.
    >>
    >> Frank, the AfterMarket ChurchGoer

    >
    >
    >
    > Do not listen to this jerk. OEM inks are the way to go with one exception.
    >
    > If your printload is very high like a set of carts a week or something
    > high then it may be worth taking a chance on a clog. Once you get a
    > clog you can try to clean the head. You can also replace the printer
    > and you get a new head and a new set of OEM carts.


    Don't listen to this moron who is an idiot. He has one printer, an ip4000.
    I alone have six printers in my personal office. HP's, Canon and
    Epson's. I use only after market carts and never have any problems.
    He has never, ever used any after market ink.
    So who's word are you going to trust?
    I think the answer is obvious.
    Frank
     
    Frank, Jul 5, 2005
    #15
  16. DaveC Guest

    Thus spake measekite:

    > Look at all of the bullshit noname inks cause.


    Many people use generic inks with no problems. Some people use them and have
    clogging issues. From my (Google) experience, I find that most users of Epson
    printers have more problems with 3rd party inks than do users of Canon
    printers.

    FWIW, here is a test of Canon-compatible inks comparing their color, density,
    and fading.

    I have no involvement in this test.

    -----

    You may know this, but it bears repeating. While some 3rd party inks are very
    close -- arguably "better" -- than the OEM Canon ink colors, nothing resists
    fading like the Canon inks.

    There is an archived thread in the dpreview.com forum about this. Someone
    took quite a lot of effort to create sheets of ink samples, Canon inks
    side-by-side with several 3rd party inks, and immediately compared the
    colors. Many looked very close, some identical to the Canon inks.

    Then he put these aside and went back 6 months (I think) later. All had
    faded, to some degree. The Canon inks faded least. Fading differed on plain
    paper vs. glossy.

    I put up a jpg image of this ink test (glossy paper) here:

    http://k.domaindlx.com/magdesh/bci6 compare chart gloss.jpg

    The plain paper test sheet is here:

    http://k.domaindlx.com/magdesh/bci6 compare chart plain.jpg

    (The majority of each color sample was covered; a small corner was left
    exposed to daylight.)

    The forum thread is here:

    http://tinyurl.com/3junx

    Good luck,
    Dave

    --
    Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't
    ask a question here if I hadn't done that already.

    DaveC

    This is an invalid return address
    Please reply in the news group
     
    DaveC, Jul 5, 2005
    #16
  17. measekite Guest

    Frank wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> Frank wrote:
    >>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Hi,
    >>>>
    >>>> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for
    >>>> economy. I
    >>>> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    >>>> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    >>>> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >>>>
    >>>> Any advice welcome thansk.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> You may have wasted your money on the oem's and probably won't see
    >>> any difference at all.
    >>> I use only compatibles in my i9900 and I can't see any difference.
    >>> Neither can my clients.
    >>>
    >>> Frank, the AfterMarket ChurchGoer

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Do not listen to this jerk. OEM inks are the way to go with one
    >> exception.
    >>
    >> If your printload is very high like a set of carts a week or
    >> something high then it may be worth taking a chance on a clog. Once
    >> you get a clog you can try to clean the head. You can also replace
    >> the printer and you get a new head and a new set of OEM carts.

    >
    >
    > Listen toMeasekite for I am this moron who is an idiot. He has one
    > thousand printers in his office all Canon.
    > I alone have 3 printers in my personal office. HP LaserJet1, Canon
    > Laser and Epson B&W inkjet. I use only terrible after market carts and
    > have many problems.
    > He has never, ever used any after market ink and he has never had any
    > problems
    > So who's word are you going to trust?
    > I think the answer is obvious.
    > Frank



    Yeah, the answer is obvious. :)
     
    measekite, Jul 6, 2005
    #17
  18. Frank Guest

    measekite wrote:
    >
    >
    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Frank wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hi,
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for
    >>>>> economy. I
    >>>>> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    >>>>> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    >>>>> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Any advice welcome thansk.
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> You may have wasted your money on the oem's and probably won't see
    >>>> any difference at all.
    >>>> I use only compatibles in my i9900 and I can't see any difference.
    >>>> Neither can my clients.
    >>>>
    >>>> Frank, the AfterMarket ChurchGoer
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Do not listen to this jerk. OEM inks are the way to go with one
    >>> exception.
    >>>
    >>> If your printload is very high like a set of carts a week or
    >>> something high then it may be worth taking a chance on a clog. Once
    >>> you get a clog you can try to clean the head. You can also replace
    >>> the printer and you get a new head and a new set of OEM carts.

    >>
    >>

    Don't listen to this moron asshole who is an idiot. He has one printer,
    an ip4000.
    I alone have six printers in my personal office. HP's, Canon and
    Epson's. I use only after market carts and never have any problems.
    He has never, ever used any after market ink.
    So who's word are you going to trust?
    I think the answer is obvious.
    Frank
     
    Frank, Jul 6, 2005
    #18
  19. measekite Guest

    Frank wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> Frank wrote:
    >>
    >>> measekite wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Frank wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Hi,
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> I've been using compatible cartridges with my canon i850 for
    >>>>>> economy. I
    >>>>>> need to print something that looks as perfect as possible so have
    >>>>>> bought some original cartridges. Is the only way to move through the
    >>>>>> previous noncompatible cartridge ink to print lots of test pages?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Any advice welcome thansk.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You may have wasted your money on the oem's and probably won't see
    >>>>> any difference at all.
    >>>>> I use only compatibles in my i9900 and I can't see any difference.
    >>>>> Neither can my clients.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Frank, the AfterMarket ChurchGoer
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Do not listen to this jerk. OEM inks are the way to go with one
    >>>> exception.
    >>>>
    >>>> If your printload is very high like a set of carts a week or
    >>>> something high then it may be worth taking a chance on a clog.
    >>>> Once you get a clog you can try to clean the head. You can also
    >>>> replace the printer and you get a new head and a new set of OEM carts.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    > Listen to Measekite. You can trust his judgement
    > Frank
     
    measekite, Jul 6, 2005
    #19
  20. Frank Guest

    measekite wrote:
    <----------------big snip of bullshit by mesershithead---------------->

    Don't listen to this moron bullshitter asshole who is also an idiot. He
    has one printer, an ip4000.
    I have six printers in my personal office. HP's, Canon and Epson's. I
    use only after market carts and never have any problems.
    He has never, ever used any after market ink. Plus he is a psychotic
    coward who needs help.
    So who's word are you going to trust?
    I think the answer is obvious and it ain't mesershithead.
    Frank
     
    Frank, Jul 6, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Mike Yetsko

    Compatible cartridges for A920

    Mike Yetsko, Oct 14, 2004, in forum: Dell
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    270
    Mike Y
    Oct 14, 2004
  2. rob
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    393
    Al Bundy
    Apr 20, 2006
  3. Noam Avnery

    i850 RAM combinations

    Noam Avnery, Nov 8, 2004, in forum: Intel
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    258
    Noam Avnery
    Nov 8, 2004
  4. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    432
  5. Tom
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    212
Loading...

Share This Page