Can't change hard disk boot priority on SB61G2 box

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by jstoner@fastmail.fm, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I am upgrading my hard drive and OS on my Shuttle SB61G2 box. I have an
    old 37.5G IBM Deskstar SCSI drive, with an Adaptec 29160 SCSI
    controller.

    I have a new Hitachi Deskstar 250G SATA drive. When I go into the BIOS
    setup, and go to the hard disk boot priority screen, the SCSI drive
    (listed as "bootable add-in cards") is first in the list. I want to
    change that so the SATA drive is first, but it won't let me.

    How do I enable the SATA drive to be first in boot priority?

    The box has

    2.4Ghz Intel
    800Mhz FSB
    Ati Radeon 7200
    Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller
    I can't seem to get the BIOS version off the POST screen--it goes by
    too fast.