Can't get ASRock K7VM2 alsa sound via82xx working

Discussion in 'ASRock' started by P.K, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. P.K

    P.K Guest

    Could someone please post a sample of working (tested)
    modprobe.conf for this?

    I have been trying to make it work for days.
    dmesg reports of a problem not getting parent for ControlC0.

    if I check it looks like no sound card is found.

    cat proc pci finds pci device VT8233/A/8235 in address 0xdf00 and irq 22

    Is this problem known by anybody?

    Please post on a newsgroup don't try to mail me! I try to avoid spamm and
    it's also good to let others know the sollution too!

    1. Advertising

  2. On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:49:41 +0000, P.K wrote:

    > Could someone please post a sample of working (tested)
    > modprobe.conf for this?
    >
    > I have been trying to make it work for days.
    > dmesg reports of a problem not getting parent for ControlC0.
    >
    > if I check it looks like no sound card is found.
    >
    > cat proc pci finds pci device VT8233/A/8235 in address 0xdf00 and irq 22
    >
    > Is this problem known by anybody?
    >
    > Please post on a newsgroup don't try to mail me! I try to avoid spamm and
    > it's also good to let others know the sollution too!

    MUST you use alsa? The reason I am asking is because I got this to work
    with the sound drivers in the Linux kernel (2.4.*) but not with alsa. Par
    for the course, I guess, for if there is one open source project that
    consistently doesn't deliver, it is alsa.