    Unit 0 removable read only device TOSHIBA DVD-ROM
    SD-M1411077

    thx
    ball, Nov 19, 2006

  2. ball

    Trinean Guest

    > my sun blade shown 'can't open boot device' when i want to reinstalled
    > the solaris.
    >
    > and i would like to know how can i define the device-path after type
    > probe-scsi-all :
    >
    > /pci@8,700000/scsi@6
    > Target 6
    > Unit 0 removable read only device TOSHIBA DVD-ROM
    > SD-M1411077

    The device path for the DVD-ROM, assuming this is a Sun Blade 1000/2000,
    should be:

    /pci@8,700000/scsi@6/sd@6,0

    Unless someone changed the default alias for 'cdrom' in the NVRAM it should
    already be correct per your probe-scsi.
    If SD-M1411077 is the same as the Toshiba SD-M1401 then make sure you have
    applied firmware patch 111649-04.

    What does:

    # iostat -E | grep DVD

    from the currently installed OS say?

    Trinean
    Trinean, Nov 19, 2006

  3. ball

    ball Guest

    thanks for the reply.

    the command reply
    vendor: toshiba product: dvd-rom sd-m1401 revision: 1007 serial no:

    thx

    Trinean ¼g¹D¡G

    ball, Nov 20, 2006
  4. ball

    Trinean Guest

    > thanks for the reply.
    >
    > the command reply
    > vendor: toshiba product: dvd-rom sd-m1401 revision: 1007 serial no:
    >
    > thx

    Definitely apply patch 111649-04 which will upgrade the revision to 1009 and
    should allow you to boot off of newer media.

    Trinean
    Trinean, Nov 20, 2006