    is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the executable. I recently upgraded to
    catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone else have this
    problem now with the 3.7 driver?

    Porcupuff, Sep 13, 2003

  2. "Porcupuff" <> wrote in message
    news:5VI8b.183785$...
    > I haven't been constantly checking whether the nvidia Dawn demo was still
    > able to run with each update to the catalyst driver, but all I do know for
    > sure is that I was able to run it before with the opengl wrapper that

    allows
    > it to be executed on an ATI card. But I can't run it now, and the wrapper
    > is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the executable. I recently upgraded

    > catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone else have this
    > problem now with the 3.7 driver?

    Yes. I never ran it before 3.7 anyway, but I can't run it either, tried both
    wrappers....

    methylenedioxy, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Porcupuff

    DrWho Guest

    Porcupuff said...
    > I haven't been constantly checking whether the nvidia Dawn demo was still
    > able to run with each update to the catalyst driver, but all I do know for
    > sure is that I was able to run it before with the opengl wrapper that allows
    > it to be executed on an ATI card. But I can't run it now, and the wrapper
    > is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the executable. I recently upgraded to
    > catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone else have this
    > problem now with the 3.7 driver?

    Yep. It ran fine with Cat3.6, but won't run with 3.7. :(

    --
    My email address is BillG at Royal dot Org

    DrWho, Sep 13, 2003
  4. Porcupuff

    Lithurge Guest

    "methylenedioxy" <methylenedioxy@*thecork*ntlworld.com> wrote
    in news:V6J8b.1494$:

    > "Porcupuff" <> wrote in message
    >> I haven't been constantly checking whether the nvidia Dawn
    >> demo was still able to run with each update to the
    >> catalyst driver, but all I do know for sure is that I was
    >> able to run it before with the opengl wrapper that

    > allows
    >> it to be executed on an ATI card. But I can't run it now,
    >> and the wrapper is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the
    >> executable. I recently upgraded

    >> catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone
    >> else have this problem now with the 3.7 driver?
    >>

    > Yes. I never ran it before 3.7 anyway, but I can't run it
    > either, tried both wrappers....

    As posted by Bob Knowlden in a previous thread, this link'll
    sort you out.

    http://tinyurl.com/n95w

    Quick summary is ATI have removed a certain functionality
    from their drivers, copying the relevant dll from an old
    release to the dawn bin folder will sort it. There's a link
    to the file in the forum thread.

    Lithurge, Sep 13, 2003
  5. "Lithurge" <> wrote in message
    > "methylenedioxy" <methylenedioxy@*thecork*ntlworld.com> wrote
    > in news:V6J8b.1494$:
    >

    > > "Porcupuff" <> wrote in message
    > >> I haven't been constantly checking whether the nvidia Dawn
    > >> demo was still able to run with each update to the
    > >> catalyst driver, but all I do know for sure is that I was
    > >> able to run it before with the opengl wrapper that

    > > allows
    > >> it to be executed on an ATI card. But I can't run it now,
    > >> and the wrapper is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the
    > >> executable. I recently upgraded

    > >> catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone
    > >> else have this problem now with the 3.7 driver?
    > >>

    > > Yes. I never ran it before 3.7 anyway, but I can't run it
    > > either, tried both wrappers....
    > >

    > As posted by Bob Knowlden in a previous thread, this link'll
    > sort you out.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/n95w
    >
    > Quick summary is ATI have removed a certain functionality
    > from their drivers, copying the relevant dll from an old
    > release to the dawn bin folder will sort it. There's a link
    > to the file in the forum thread.

    Cheers, now running properly, although it is pretty crap compared to ati
    flavourings......
    If you lot are into demo's heres one of the best I have ever seen:
    http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9450

    methylenedioxy, Sep 13, 2003
  6. Porcupuff

    Lithurge Guest

    "methylenedioxy" <methylenedioxy@*thecork*ntlworld.com> wrote
    in news:7_K8b.933$:

    > Cheers, now running properly, although it is pretty crap
    > compared to ati flavourings......
    > If you lot are into demo's heres one of the best I have
    > ever seen: http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9450

    To be fair ATI have yet to produce a 'human' skin texture demo
    though. We have to turn to hacked NV ones for that ;)

    Can't fault the impressiveness of the chimp demo though for fur.

    Lithurge, Sep 13, 2003
  7. not true:
    http://www2.ati.com/misc/demos/ATI-8500-Rachel-Demo-v1.1.exe (its in the
    Raedon 8000 area)

    Thomas GEORGE, Sep 14, 2003
  8. Porcupuff

    Lithurge Guest

    "Thomas GEORGE" <t_george_of_spam,@club-internet.fr> wrote in

    > not true:
    > http://www2.ati.com/misc/demos/ATI-8500-Rachel-Demo-v1.1.exe
    > (its in the Raedon 8000 area)

    Ok.

    I'll rephrase it.

    ATI haven't produced a human skin demo that will show off the
    most recent hardware using DX9 :)

    I've even found some of the older demos won't work on the 9700
    Pro, I'll have a go with this one, but suspect it won't look as
    good as Dawn.

    Lithurge, Sep 14, 2003
  9. Porcupuff

    Toby Groves Guest

    In article <7_K8b.933$>,
    methylenedioxy <methylenedioxy@*thecork*ntlworld.com> writes
    >If you lot are into demo's heres one of the best I have ever seen:
    >http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9450

    Pretty though that one is, I still think *the* most impressive demo
    produced is ATI's Pipe Dream.
    --
    Toby

    Toby Groves, Sep 14, 2003