    thing happens on espn.com ; some videos are distorted. Do i need to
    download some new codex's?? or something? Sorry if this is the wrong
    place to ask, just point me in the right direction!
    larry hill, Feb 9, 2005

  2. i found similar odd behavior with windows media player 9 when my display
    resolution was set very high (1400+)... consider reducing your display
    resolution to see if your issue may be related to that.

    Christopher Muto, Feb 10, 2005

  3. larry hill

    larry hill Guest

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:14:50 GMT, "Christopher Muto"
    <> wrote:

    >i found similar odd behavior with windows media player 9 when my display
    >resolution was set very high (1400+)... consider reducing your display
    >resolution to see if your issue may be related to that.

    Thanks, Christopher, but tried reducing resolution with no help. I'm
    running at 1600x1200 with a 2001FP and Radeon 300. Guess I can upgrade
    to Media Player 10 and see if it helps.
    larry hill, Feb 11, 2005
  4. larry hill

    RRR_News Guest

    Larry,
    Are you trying to view Disney/BuenaVista/Touchtone Studio movie trailers, as
    well as ESPN feeds. It might not be a media player problem, but actually a
    problem with Disney/ABC/ESPN servers feeding to other websites.

    You may also need to download the latest version of Flash Player.
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave...od_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P5_Language=English

    Also if you are using a NVIDIA Video graphics card, you may need to upgrade
    the drivers for it:
    www.nvidia.com

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    RRR_News, Feb 11, 2005
  5. larry hill

    larry hill Guest

    I upgraded to wmp10 and everything seems fine now! Thanks anyways!
    This 8400 really is a fine machine!
    larry hill, Feb 12, 2005
  6. larry hill wrote:
    > I upgraded to wmp10 and everything seems fine now! Thanks anyways!
    > This 8400 really is a fine machine!

    I have exactly the same problem, I assumed I was missing some codecs or
    something but in the end I downloaded BSPlayer from
    http://www.bsplayer.org/ and I use that as my default media
    player.......very nice free utility.
    Alex Flaherty, Feb 12, 2005
  7. larry hill

    tellme Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:23:09 GMT, larry hill
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:14:50 GMT, "Christopher Muto"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>i found similar odd behavior with windows media player 9 when my display
    >>resolution was set very high (1400+)... consider reducing your display
    >>resolution to see if your issue may be related to that.

    >Thanks, Christopher, but tried reducing resolution with no help. I'm
    >running at 1600x1200 with a 2001FP and Radeon 300. Guess I can upgrade
    >to Media Player 10 and see if it helps.

    If you have Norton Internet Security the default settings sometimes
    will not allow you to see things with scripts in them. Such as The
    Apprentice page that has videos on it. The page has pearl script on
    it. You would have to adjust your settings in NIS.
    tellme, Feb 12, 2005