Catalyst resolution settings not sticking?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Gary, Jan 15, 2009.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I thought it was about time I upgraded my driver for the old 9500 Pro, so I
    completely uninstalled the old one (6.4) and installed the latest:
    8-12_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_72271
    All was fine to begin with but upon rebooting it no longer remembers the
    resolution settings and reverts to 1024x768 :(

    I've done a search but can't see a reason for this, any suggestions are
    welcome.

    Regards,
    Gary

    1. Advertising

  2. Augustus

    Augustus Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    >I thought it was about time I upgraded my driver for the old 9500 Pro, so I
    > completely uninstalled the old one (6.4) and installed the latest:
    > 8-12_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_72271
    > All was fine to begin with but upon rebooting it no longer remembers the
    > resolution settings and reverts to 1024x768 :(
    >
    > I've done a search but can't see a reason for this, any suggestions are
    > welcome.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gary

    Try just the display driver and not the entire Ctalyst suite.
    (it's the one with 8-12_xp32_dd_72271.exe file name) Failing that, post more
    details about your system as well as trying progressively older display
    driver versions from the present......

    1. Advertising

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    "Augustus" <no_one@no_where.net> wrote in message

    > Try just the display driver and not the entire Ctalyst suite.
    > (it's the one with 8-12_xp32_dd_72271.exe file name) Failing that, post
    > more details about your system as well as trying progressively older
    > display driver versions from the present......

    Thanks. I've not had a chance to do that yet, but it would appear the
    problem is caused after setting the TV display. This defaults to 1024x768
    (where it normally shows a scrolled portion of my desktop 1680x1050
    resolution). It doesn't appear this figure can be changed and thereafter
    causes the desktop to always boot into 1024x768 :(

  4. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I've switched back to an older version: catalyst-8-111-050222a-021277c

    No problem with that, so it's clearly a problem with the later/latest
    version(s)

  5. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I've since tried other earlier versions, the problem seems to be appear with
    the big change in Catalyst, I think when it requires Net Framework to
    function. Anyone know the final version before this?

    It seems such a glaring error I'm amazed that no-one else has encountered it
    and that it's not been fixed by now.

  6. Mike Ray

    Mike Ray Guest

    Gary wrote:
    > I've since tried other earlier versions, the problem seems to be appear with
    > the big change in Catalyst, I think when it requires Net Framework to
    > function. Anyone know the final version before this?
    >
    > It seems such a glaring error I'm amazed that no-one else has encountered it
    > and that it's not been fixed by now.

    I just put upgraded to a HD3650. If CCC has to reset my card my desk top
    always goes back to 1024x768 (from 1280x1024). This only seems to happen
    with one game (Raven Shield) and then not often. A bigger problem I has
    is CCC, for some reason, begins to grow in memory usage until my desk
    top begins to slow down and then studder. I have to start Task Manager
    and close CCC which fixes everything. I would remove CCC but the card
    reset lets me continue the online game to get to good exit point (or get
    killed...LOL). I used the driver on the HD3650's CD, I will update
    sometime soon.