    although I suspect that it is somewhere amongst the 10's GB on my hard disc.
    However, I can't remember the filename to search for it. Can anyone help
    please?
    Andrew, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Andrew

    Alan Holt Guest

    Look for ccsc.exe
    Alan Holt, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Andrew

    Brett Guest

    "CBFalconer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Amused wrote:
    > > Andrew wrote:
    > >
    > > > Just over a year ago I purchased and downloaded a copy of the
    > > > CCS compiler from www.ccsinfo.com.
    > > >
    > > > I now need to re-install it but I cannot locate the original
    > > > download file, although I suspect that it is somewhere amongst
    > > > the 10's GB on my hard disc. However, I can't remember the
    > > > filename to search for it. Can anyone help please?

    > > Since you are running windows, I would suspect that if you go to
    > > the "start" tab on the left-bottom corner, then click on "find"
    > > a popup window should appear asking what file or folder you want
    > > to find.
    > >
    > > My best guess would be to type CCS*.* and then wait for the
    > > results of the search.

    > In general the OP would be well advised to make all such downloads
    > to a "dnld" directory. If he then installs 4dos (or 4nt) (see
    > <http://jpsoft.com>) as his default command processor he will be
    > able to create suitable description entries, and to search on
    > those entries in the future, besides having all the advantages of
    > a decent shell.
    >
    > Normal backup procedures should guard adequately against future
    > disk failures, as long as he doesn't use Microsoft backup
    > software. XXCOPY is recommended.

    MS Backup does ok in NT. Its main problem is that damaged/incomplete backups
    cannot be recovered. It is possible to overcome this problem, though
    Microsoft would have you think otherwise.

    Brett, Aug 11, 2003
  4. Andrew

    CBFalconer Guest

    Brett wrote:
    > "CBFalconer" <> wrote in message

    .... snip ...

    > > Normal backup procedures should guard adequately against future
    > > disk failures, as long as he doesn't use Microsoft backup
    > > software. XXCOPY is recommended.

    > MS Backup does ok in NT. Its main problem is that damaged/incomplete
    > backups cannot be recovered. It is possible to overcome this problem,
    > though Microsoft would have you think otherwise.

    If history is any guide, no MS backup will restore from an earlier
    backup after upgrading the OS.

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Aug 12, 2003