Celeron 1.1A@1466MHz on BF-6 not cutting it any more

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Fishface, Nov 23, 2007.

  1. Fishface

    Fishface Guest

    This Celeron 1.1A@1466MHz on a BF-6 was serving well as an internet surfing and
    email machine until the family became enamored with Webkinz (www.webkinz.com).
    The flash games are just too much for it. I watched the CPU usage while playing
    "Home Before Dark," in which you click to turn tiles with various path shapes to
    get a bunch of rats home before dark ( http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=grvo1Ts-T8c ).
    It pretty much maxed-out the CPU and slowed to the point where it effected gameplay.

    I'm using a Matrox G400 Max, and unless Flash could offload some graphics functions
    to a better GPU, I'm afraid it's a sad day and I'm going to have to retire this fine old
    machine. Turning off the game's background music only helped a little. Any thoughts?
    Just let it go?

    1. Advertising

  2. Zeppo

    Zeppo Guest

    "Fishface" <?> wrote in message
    > This Celeron 1.1A@1466MHz on a BF-6 was serving well as an internet
    > surfing and
    > email machine until the family became enamored with Webkinz
    > (www.webkinz.com).
    > The flash games are just too much for it. I watched the CPU usage while
    > playing
    > "Home Before Dark," in which you click to turn tiles with various path
    > shapes to
    > get a bunch of rats home before dark (
    > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=grvo1Ts-T8c ).
    > It pretty much maxed-out the CPU and slowed to the point where it effected
    > gameplay.
    >
    > I'm using a Matrox G400 Max, and unless Flash could offload some graphics
    > functions
    > to a better GPU, I'm afraid it's a sad day and I'm going to have to retire
    > this fine old
    > machine. Turning off the game's background music only helped a little.
    > Any thoughts?
    > Just let it go?

    Might be time to let it out to pasture. I donated my BE6 to my mother-in-law
    who is an email only user last year. I have visiting rites to clean out spam
    every month.

    Jon