Celeron D 365 - Did Intel ever sell this CPU ?!?!?

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Intel Guy, Nov 15, 2007.

  1. Intel Guy

    Intel Guy Guest

    Is there anyone here with an inside line to Intel that can answer this
    question:

    Was this CPU ever available for retail sale?

    Is there anyone currently selling it?

    Did any retailer actually have it available for sale?

    ------------------------------

    Celeron D Processor 365

    CPU Speed: 3.60 GHz
    Bus Speed: 533 Mhz
    Bus/Core Ratio: 27
    L2 Cache Size: 512 kb
    L2 Cache Speed: 3.60 GHz
    sSpec Number: SL9KJ

    Box Order Code: BX80552365
    OEM Order Code: HH80552RE104512

    Intel supposedly released this CPU in January 2007.

    http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9KJ

    Intel Guy, Nov 15, 2007

  2. Intel Guy

    Nate Edel Guest

    In comp.sys.intel Intel Guy <> wrote:
    > Is there anyone here with an inside line to Intel that can answer this
    > question:
    >
    > Was this CPU ever available for retail sale?

    Looks like a yes.

    http://www.google.com/products?q=celeron 365
    lists at least 5 vendors...

    > Is there anyone currently selling it?
    > Did any retailer actually have it available for sale?

    Not certain. The only one of those above which showed actual stock status
    showed out of stock.

    --
    Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/
    preferred email | Pick one:

    Nate Edel, Nov 15, 2007

  3. Intel Guy

    Paul Guest

    Intel Guy wrote:
    > Is there anyone here with an inside line to Intel that can answer this
    > question:
    >
    > Was this CPU ever available for retail sale?
    >
    > Is there anyone currently selling it?
    >
    > Did any retailer actually have it available for sale?
    >
    > ------------------------------
    >
    > Celeron D Processor 365
    >
    > CPU Speed: 3.60 GHz
    > Bus Speed: 533 Mhz
    > Bus/Core Ratio: 27
    > L2 Cache Size: 512 kb
    > L2 Cache Speed: 3.60 GHz
    > sSpec Number: SL9KJ
    >
    > Box Order Code: BX80552365
    > OEM Order Code: HH80552RE104512
    >
    > Intel supposedly released this CPU in January 2007.
    >
    > http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9KJ

    It is for sale here.

    http://www.partspc.com/Category.asp?CatID=547&offset=20

    But do your homework first...

    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/PartsPC_9

    On Pricewatch, there is no item in the CPU section for the 365.
    The highest part with an entry, is Celeron D 360.

    http://www.pricewatch.com/cpu/

    Newegg has the 360.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819112214

    Just get the 360 ?

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 15, 2007
  4. Intel Guy

    Brett Kline Guest

    http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdetail.asp?rid=fd_01&itemid=27294100

    --
    This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to
    real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where

    Brett Kline, Nov 15, 2007
  5. Intel Guy

    Intel Guy Guest

    Nate Edel wrote:

    > > Was this CPU ever available for retail sale?

    > Looks like a yes.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/products?q=celeron 365
    > lists at least 5 vendors...
    >
    > > Is there anyone currently selling it?
    > > Did any retailer actually have it available for sale?

    > Not certain. The only one of those above which showed actual stock
    > status showed out of stock.

    Since Jan/Feb this year, I've been trying (sporadically) to see if
    there is/was any internet vendor with the 365 in stock and never seen
    one.

    While the 360 has been (and still is) available.

    ????

    Intel Guy, Nov 15, 2007
  6. Intel Guy

    Intel Guy Guest

    Even though Intel seemed to put the word out about the 3.6 ghz Celeron
    D 365 in January, I tried to obtain one in March, April and May, and
    again over the past few days, but at no time did any retailer ever
    claim to have any in stock. The 3.46 Ghz version (360) has been and
    still is available.

    The high clock multiplier of the 365 would make it a good candidate
    for overclocking - theoretically up to 5 ghz. I'm interested in the
    Celeron for a few Win-98 systems running on an Asrock motherboard (so
    dual-core would be a waste).

    The Core-Solo would theoretically also be of interest - and even
    though I was at one point speaking with some guy on the Intel
    Pre-Sales support line, he didn't even know what a Solo was when I
    brought it up (he also was of absolutely no use regarding the Celeron
    D 365 and why I could never find it at retail).

    Intel must have retail priced the 365 initially at $88 back in January
    or February based on the info I got from some retailers.

    But I see no evidence it was ever shipped or sold at retail. Not even
    anyone offering it on Ebay.

    I also came across Intel Product Change Notification #: 107620 - 01
    which indicates that the Celeron D 365, 360, 356 and 347 reached their
    last order date on Sept 28 and their last ship date is scheduled for
    Dec 28 (boxed) and June 2008 for tray.

    Celeron D Processor 365
    sSpec Number: SL9KJ
    Box Order Code: BX80552365
    OEM Order Code: HH80552RE104512

    http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9KJ

    -----------------------

    Details:

    Called "Shop Intel" 877.649.5817
    - I asked about info regarding Celeron D 365
    - was of absolutely no help.
    - Suggested I call Intel Pre-Sales

    Called Intel Pre Sales support line for retail boxed products
    - 1-800-538-3373
    - I asked every conceivable question (was there ever a product
    announcement or press release, notice of discontinuation)
    - The Intel guy was absolutely useless. Claimed to have
    no such information available.
    - I mentioned the product-change notification, he claims he
    couldn't find it.
    - I asked if there was a press release (around January) for the
    365, he said that "that's a long time ago in the computer world,
    so we might have deleted old press releases like that". I told
    him that's highly unlikely, and sure enough he back-peddled and
    said "yea, there are a lot of old press releases here".
    - told him of the above-mentioned announcement (24.01.2007)
    regarding the 365 and he couldn't locate any such press release.
    - suggested NewEgg (800-390-1119)
    - I called NewEgg, they said they have the Celeron D 360
    (QTY = 49) $61.99 N82E16819112214 but not the 365.

    -------------------

    Called the following vendors after doing a google search for
    BX80552365:

    Zipzoomfly.com (877-228-6958)
    - Celeron D 360 (about 79 on hand) - $62.90
    - not showing any Celeron D 365

    http://www.directron.com
    - tried calling, sales line never picked up

    http://www.pcconnection.com/Product...091002&srccode=cii_6684177&cpncode=12-7463615
    - called sales, asked about BX80552365, they said no stock
    - not on back-order, listed price is $88.40.

    http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdetail.asp?rid=fd_01&itemid=27294100
    - That link indicates they have the Celeron D 365
    - but when called they said they have no stock on it.

    http://www.pcsuperdeals.com/ProductView.asp?ProductID=B96C46E6-C977-4E09-9777-1518BFF98335
    - Shows it as BX80552365 (Celeron D 365) but describes it as 3.46 ghz
    (which is Celeron D 360).
    - They claim the 360 and 365 is being phased out (and have no stock
    for either) and they've never had an order for either.

    http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=939478
    - That page says "product discontinued" and when I called, they
    said that nothing comes up in their system under that part number.
    - When asked about the Celeron 360 D, they said they're out of
    stock, but will have more in 2 weeks. Price = $67.97

    http://www.yesmicro.com/Search.aspx?key=BX80552365
    - Does not return any result. When called, they said they are not
    showing that part.

    http://www.govconnection.com/IPA/Sh... 2147095055&Sort=Most Popular&DefSort=Y&Term=
    - Does have it in their system, but has no stock and upon digging
    it comes up with "never been shipped". None on order. Showing
    price of $88.48.

    http://xtreview.com/images/PCN107620-01.pdf

    Product Change Notification #: 107620 - 01
    Change Title: Desktop Intel Celeron D Processors 365, 360, 356 & 347
    Tray and Boxed Product Discontinuance
    Reason for Revision: Adjust forecasted milestones
    Date of Publication: June 11, 2007

    Forecasted Key Milestones:

    Product Discontinuance Program Support Begins: Jun 07, 2007
    Product Discontinuance Demand To Local Representative: Aug 03, 2007
    Orders are Non-Cancelable and Non-Returnable After: Aug 03, 2007
    Last Corporate Commit Product Hot List Date: Sep 18, 2007
    Last Product Discontinuance Order Date: Sep 28, 2007
    Last Product Discontinuance Shipment Date: Jun 13, 2008 (tray) Dec 28,
    2007 (boxed)

    Description of Change to the Customer:

    Reason for Revision: Adjust forecasted milestones.

    Market demand for the Desktop Intel Celeron D Processors 365, 360, 356
    and 347 has shifted to other Intel processors. The products identified
    in this notification will be discontinued and unavailable for
    additional orders after the "Last Product Discontinuance Order Date"
    (see "Key Milestones" above).

    Customer Impact of Change and Recommended Action:

    Please determine your remaining demand for these products and place
    your "Last Product Discontinuance Orders" in accordance with the "Key
    Milestones" listed above. The tray products listed on the "Products
    Affected/Intel Ordering Codes" table below will remain on Intel's
    Corporate Commit Process until the "Last Product Discontinuance Order
    Date." The "Last Corporate Commit Hot List" is the last date that
    customers may submit a request for product utilizing Intel's Corporate
    Commit Hot List Process (CCP).

    From date of PCN publication, interim booking and turnback deadlines
    apply per standard CCP process. The "Last Product Discontinuance Order
    Date" is the final day for customers to book the commits Intel has
    granted after the "Last Corporate Product Hot List Date."

    Boxed processors will not be available after boxed inventory is
    depleted (see "Key Milestones" above.) Intel is offering tray
    processors to Intel Authorized Distributors as a substitute for
    depleted boxed processor inventory. Substitute tray processors are
    identified below in the "Boxed Processors Product Table."

    Products Affected / Intel Ordering Codes:

    Celeron D 356 3.33 GHz HH80552RE093512 L9KL
    Celeron D 347 3.06 GHz HH80552RE083512 L9KN
    Celeron D 365 3.60 GHz HH80552RE104512 L9KJ
    Celeron D 360 3.46 GHz HH80552RE099512 L9KK

    Celeron D 356 BX80552356 L9KL HH80552RE093512
    Celeron D 347 BX80552347 L9KN HH80552RE083512
    Celeron D 365 BX80552365 L9KJ HH80552RE104512
    Celeron D 360 BX80552360 L9KK HH80552RE099512

    Reference Documents / Attachments:
    Document: Location #:
    PCN Revision History:
    Date of Revision: Revision Number: Reason:
    June 8, 2007 00 Originally Published PCN
    June 11, 2007 01 Adjust forecasted milestones.

    --------------------------------

    http://www.macinfo.de/archiv/2007-01.html

    24.01.2007

    Intel Celeron D reaches 3.6 GHz: Intel is still making money with its
    low cost processor Celeron family, despite the fact that it's based on
    the old "NetBurst" architecture (Pentium 4) which is supposed to be
    replaced by the new and more efficient "Core" and "Core 2" platforms;
    a "Core"/"Core 2" based Celeron is not expected to appear before
    Q3/2007.

    Now Intel has introduced the new Celeron D 365, which is clocked at
    3.6 GHz, sports 512k of onchip L2 cache and supports a 533 MHz Front
    Side Bus (FSB, 133 MHz "quad-pumped"). Based on the basic bus speed,
    133 MHz, that results in an inefficiently high multiplier factor of 27
    (clock speed CPU : clock speed Bus = 27 : 1).

    The latest previous Celeron D 360 (3.46 GHz, also based on the 0.65┬Ám
    "Cedar Mill" core) was introduced last September. Currently no
    official pricing is out for the new Celeron D 365, but it's expected
    to cost 69-79 US$; the cheapest Celeron D 326 (2.53 GHz) sells for 34
    US$.

    Intel Guy, Nov 16, 2007