Centrino cpu speed problem

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Mikko H, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Mikko H

    Mikko H Guest

    I have a HP 1.3 Mzh centrino laptop. The cpu speed doesn't seem to reach
    more than 598 Mzh. I have windows xp professional, have I missed something
    when installing the windows?

    I have tried to check the cpu speed with msinfo32.exe and SpeedSwitchXP,
    both of them claim that the processor is centrino 1300 but the speed is 598
    Mzh.

    First I thought it was due to the power saving of the centrino, but after
    disabling
    the intel dynamic cpu speed feature from the bios setup, it still cave me
    only 598 Mzh.

    Also doing the same thing with the SpeedSwitchXP, by disabling the "allow
    demotion" feature, doesn't fix the slow speed.

    Do you have any suggestions?

    msinfo print out:

    OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name
    System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    System Model Compaq Presario X1000 DL681A#AK8
    System Type X86-based PC

    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 9 Stepping 5 GenuineIntel ~598 Mhz

    BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68BAL Ver. F.02, 5.6.2003
    SMBIOS Version 2.3
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale Finland
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)"
    User Name
    Time Zone FLE Standard Time
    Total Physical Memory 768,00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 497,62 MB