    XP Thoroughbred? BIOS is the latest, dated 04/11/01.

    I suppose Bartons and Semprons are absolutely out
    of the question...

    Aki Peltola, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Aki Peltola

    lasr Guest

    The chipset on the Motherboard will probably support any AMD with 266 Mhz
    FSB. But, the BIOS is quite old and I guess you will run in to trouble
    with that. Buy yorself a another MB. The 7VJD2 is known to be a crappy MB.

    LASR

    lasr, Feb 10, 2005

  3. Aki Peltola

    Aki Peltola Guest

    "lasr" <> wrote
    > The chipset on the Motherboard will probably support any AMD with 266 Mhz
    > FSB. But, the BIOS is quite old and I guess you will run in to trouble
    > with that. Buy yorself a another MB. The 7VJD2 is known to be a crappy MB.

    Apparently that mobo supports CPUs quite well considering
    it's age, I recently tested Barton 2600+ and it booted without
    problems identifying CPU as Athlon XP. But of course speed
    was only 11.5x133=1530MHz.

    So I guess if Bartons work, every other CPU below that
    works too? Some 2600+ T-bred (266FSB) would bring
    some nice boost I think :) I also tested 512MB ddr400-
    memory and it worked fine too. Now, to hunt those parts
    cheap...

    Aki Peltola, Feb 13, 2005