Challengin? dual screen set-up

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by pearsos, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. pearsos

    pearsos Guest

    I am a (struggling!) professional photographer and I have recognised the
    need to replace my PC. One of the requirements I have come up with is to
    have a two screen environment where I can have one screen 'client-facing' on
    which they only see full-screen slideshows or individual images, controlled
    from applications run from the other monitor. (When slideshows or single
    images are not being presented, it should default to blank, a controlled
    wallpaper or a standard slideshow.) So, for example, I might want to run a
    slideshow from - for example - ACDSee on the 'control' monitor and for the
    card management to know that full-screen slideshows are to go to the client
    screen. Ideally, the control monitor would have a window showing what is on
    the client monitor at any one time. I don't want the client to see *any*
    Windows objects: task bar, title bar, etc.. If it makes any difference I
    would like the screens to be flat panels as I wish to use this set-up in the
    field.

    Does anyone know if this can be achieved with Matrox cards and software and
    how?

    Thanks,
    pearsos

    pearsos, Feb 17, 2004

  2. pearsos

    Copwriter Guest

    There is actually a simpler method - use PowerPoint in Presenter view. One
    monitor shows the slide show (embedded with videos, if you want), and the
    other a control screen.

    Copwriter, Feb 18, 2004