Changing CPU Speeds

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Brett Tyre, Jan 17, 2004.

  1. Brett Tyre

    Brett Tyre Guest

    I've just finished setting up my Athlon XP 3000+ system. A week ago, my
    BIOS read the CP as 2167MHz. Today, I had some massive trouble installing
    Windows XP Pro, and finally had to grab another copy of it. Now, both
    Windows and my BIOS read the CPUas1743 MHz. Everything else runs fine.

    The motherboard isa DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B. Other than changing the boot
    settings, I did not change anything in the BIOS. A side note: on the first
    copy of Windows I installed, Windows did not even register the CPU.

    What happened, and I how can I fix it?

    NP:
    Brett Tyre

    www.geocities.com/brett_tyre
    London Drugs, Comp. Dept.
    "I have something I want to tell you.I'm not like other guys.No, I mean I'm
    different." -Michael Jackson "Thriller"

    Brett Tyre, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Brett Tyre

    Brett Tyre Guest

    CPU-Z reports1737.3 MHz, multiplier of 13, FSB of133.6MHz,and bus speed of
    267.3 MHz.

    Brett Tyre, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Brett Tyre

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:19:19 +0000, Brett Tyre wrote:

    > CPU-Z reports1737.3 MHz, multiplier of 13, FSB of133.6MHz,and bus speed of
    > 267.3 MHz.

    So set the FSB back to 166MHz like it's supposed to be.

    Wes Newell, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Brett Tyre

    Brett Tyre Guest

    That worked. I thought the FSB was low when I checked last night,but it was
    late and I really didn't feel like messing around with it when I was that
    tired.

    Thanks!

    Brett Tyre, Jan 17, 2004