    doesn't haev a built in stack ?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Jun 26, 2012

  2. Mike

    steve Guest

    On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:20:55 PM UTC+1, Mike wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a GSM etc modem module like eg the ublox Leon but they
    > seem really expensive at €80+ for a sample. I already have a tcp
    > stack so don't really need that to be built into the modem so can
    > anyone tell me whare I can find an economical aklternative that
    > doesn't haev a built in stack ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    Wismo 228 comes in at around $30 dollars (£16)(Sierra wireless)and has a tcp stack.

    steve, Jun 26, 2012

  3. In article <dd18b761-62c8-48b1-8d70-
    >,
    says...

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a GSM etc modem module like eg the ublox Leon but they
    > seem really expensive at ¤80+ for a sample. I already have a tcp
    > stack so don't really need that to be built into the modem so can
    > anyone tell me whare I can find an economical aklternative that
    > doesn't haev a built in stack ?

    Check out this $50 module at Sparkfun Electronics:

    http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10138

    Mark Borgerson

    Mark Borgerson, Jun 26, 2012
  4. Mike

    Guest

    On Jun 26, 9:20 am, Mike <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a GSM etc modem module like eg the ublox Leon but they
    > seem really expensive at €80+ for a sample.  I already have a tcp
    > stack so don't really need that to be built into the modem so can
    > anyone tell me whare I can find an economical aklternative that
    > doesn't haev a built in stack ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    The modules from SIMCOM are fairly low price. The SIM900B lists for
    $17.89 USD in single quantity.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/478080059-SIMCOM-gsm-gprs-module-sim900b-wholesalers.html
    I haven't used them personally (I've only used Wavecom and Telit) but
    I've seen them used in several other products and they appear to work
    reliably without any issues.

    , Jun 26, 2012
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    > The modules from SIMCOM are fairly low price. The SIM900B lists for
    > $17.89 USD in single quantity.http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/478080059-SIMCOM-gsm-gprs-module...
    > I haven't used them personally (I've only used Wavecom and Telit) but
    > I've seen them used in several other products and they appear to work
    > reliably without any issues.

    That's a bit more like it !

    Thanks for that,

    Mike

    Mike, Jun 27, 2012
  6. Mike

    hemo Guest

    Mike, another alternative is QUECTEL: M10, M85, M95 Modules
    www.quectel.com
    I heard that they are 10% cheaper than SIMCOM.
    I haven't used them.

    hemo, Jul 12, 2012