    joe<-at->alphalink.com.au
    joemithiran<-at->yahoo.co.uk
    <http://www.alphalink.com.au/~joe>
    Joe Mithiran, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Joe Mithiran

    CJT Guest

    Joe Mithiran <joe wrote:

    > G'day. I am looking to get the cheapest soundcard that will allow me to do
    > HD recording on my PC. I seem to have blown the inputs on my onboard sound &
    > on a Yamaha Xwave PCI soundcard (no great loss, AUD $10), so I need
    > something that can handle higher inputs than these. Probably anything that
    > can handle120mA in the mic in socket would do. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    120 mA? So if the input resistance is 10K, you want it to be able to
    withstand 1200 volts without damage? That's a pretty tough spec.

    Perhaps you mean 120 mV? Almost any card should be able to handle that.

    --
    After being targeted with gigabytes of trash by the "SWEN" worm, I have
    concluded we must conceal our e-mail address. Our true address is the
    CJT, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Joe Mithiran

    Arny Krueger Guest

    "Joe Mithiran alphalink.com.au>" <joe<-AT-> wrote in message
    > G'day. I am looking to get the cheapest soundcard that will allow me
    > to do HD recording on my PC. I seem to have blown the inputs on my
    > onboard sound & on a Yamaha Xwave PCI soundcard (no great loss, AUD
    > $10), so I need something that can handle higher inputs than these.
    > Probably anything that can handle120mA in the mic in socket would do.
    > Any suggestions?

    Parallel the input with a 10 ohm resistor.
    Arny Krueger, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Joe Mithiran

    Joe Mithiran Guest

    Whups, I meant 120mV. I want to be able to plug in a Shure SM58 without
    blowing the mic inputs, and to record from my guitar & bass amps's line outs
    (a Marshall Valvestate VS65R & Bass State B30) & my 4 tracks headphone out
    (Tascam Porta Ministudio 07) - but for that last one I can just keep the
    headphone volume turned down low. If almost any soundcard can handle this I
    take it I can get a bottom of the line SoundBlaster to do the job? Thanks.

    Blessings, Joe Krishna Mithiran
    joe<-at->alphalink.com.au
    joemithiran<-at->yahoo.co.uk
    <http://www.alphalink.com.au/~joe> last updated 27/2/04