    I have a PCI-card for 2 more USB ports.
    I have a AGP videocard (ASUS 9200-SE)

    Who can help me with this problems?
    Frits van Leeuwen, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Frits van Leeuwen

    Paul Guest

    In article <ce8de4$el4$>, "Frits van Leeuwen"
    <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I have 2 problems.
    >
    > 1) When I start my computer it shows for a long time (more then 5 minutes)
    > "Checking NVRAM.."
    >
    > 2) When I turn off my computer, and within 3 minutes I turn on my computer,
    > I have no screenview. When I turn off the computer, and let it for more then
    > 20 minutes off. And then I turn the computer on, then I do not have this
    > problem.
    >
    > I have a ASUS P4P800S-SE main bord.
    > 2 Harddisks on 1 flatcable and a DVD-player and a CD-writer on a other
    > flatcable
    > I have a PCI-card for 2 more USB ports.
    > I have a AGP videocard (ASUS 9200-SE)
    >
    > Who can help me with this problems?

    For problem 1) , a previous poster discovered that his USB joystick
    caused the long delay. Try disconnecting your USB devices, and see
    if the computer starts faster.

    If you use the "Hardware Monitor", what are the power supply
    voltages ? Are they within 5% of the nominal values ?

    Your problem 2) will be tougher to solve. I would strip the
    computer down, removing the extra PCI card, the disk drives
    not needed to boot the computer, to see if you can isolate
    the problem. It sounds like something is preventing the
    computer from recognizing it has been shut down. If there is
    a leakage current entering one of the power rails, that
    might not be letting the reset circuit work properly, for
    example.

    HTH,
    Paul
    Paul, Jul 28, 2004

  3. "Paul" <> schreef in bericht
    > In article <ce8de4$el4$>, "Frits van Leeuwen"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > I have 2 problems.
    > >
    > > 1) When I start my computer it shows for a long time (more then 5

    minutes)
    > > "Checking NVRAM.."
    > >
    > > 2) When I turn off my computer, and within 3 minutes I turn on my

    computer,
    > > I have no screenview. When I turn off the computer, and let it for more

    then
    > > 20 minutes off. And then I turn the computer on, then I do not have this
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > I have a ASUS P4P800S-SE main bord.
    > > 2 Harddisks on 1 flatcable and a DVD-player and a CD-writer on a other
    > > flatcable
    > > I have a PCI-card for 2 more USB ports.
    > > I have a AGP videocard (ASUS 9200-SE)
    > >
    > > Who can help me with this problems?

    > For problem 1) , a previous poster discovered that his USB joystick
    > caused the long delay. Try disconnecting your USB devices, and see
    > if the computer starts faster.
    >
    > If you use the "Hardware Monitor", what are the power supply
    > voltages ? Are they within 5% of the nominal values ?
    >
    > Your problem 2) will be tougher to solve. I would strip the
    > computer down, removing the extra PCI card, the disk drives
    > not needed to boot the computer, to see if you can isolate
    > the problem. It sounds like something is preventing the
    > computer from recognizing it has been shut down. If there is
    > a leakage current entering one of the power rails, that
    > might not be letting the reset circuit work properly, for
    > example.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Paul

    Thanks for your answere. I'll take a look of this when I'm back home.
    Frits van Leeuwen, Jul 29, 2004
  4. I have also a PCI-card with 2 USB-ports.
    Now I use this card for my printer and webcam, and problem 1 is fixed.

    For problem 2, I hope it's fixed by useing updates from the site
    www.asuscom.wt

    But I'm afraid that gives me a new problem. Now I do not have no sounds.
    Only beebs.

    Frits van Leeuwen, Aug 2, 2004
  5. Frits van Leeuwen

    Paul Guest

    In article <cekpbf$ah1$>, "Frits van Leeuwen"
    <> wrote:

    > I have also a PCI-card with 2 USB-ports.
    > Now I use this card for my printer and webcam, and problem 1 is fixed.
    >
    > For problem 2, I hope it's fixed by useing updates from the site
    > www.asuscom.wt
    >
    > But I'm afraid that gives me a new problem. Now I do not have no sounds.
    > Only beebs.

    It could be you have a grounding problem. Make sure the printer and
    the computer are connected to the same AC power source. For example,
    all the stuff connected to my computer, is powered via the same
    power strip (six outlet plugs on the strip). Using a power strip
    ensures the safety ground is the same on all devices, so there are
    no ground potential differences.

    For the sound to work, your manual says something must be connected
    to the chip. This is a stupid idea! The BIOS should not be deciding
    on its own, that you are to have no sound.

    "OnBoard ACĀ¹97 Audio [Auto]
    [Auto] allows the BIOS to detect whether you are using any audio
    device. If an audio device is detected, the onboard audio
    controller is enabled; if no audio device is detected, the
    controller is disabled. Configuration options: [Disabled] [Auto]"

    Plug a set of headphones into the Pink audio jack on the back of
    the computer, and see if the Lineout remains alive for you.

    Check that the two jumpers are on the FP_AUDIO header. See item #9
    in the manual, "Front Panel Audio Connector", for a picture of
    where to place the two jumper plugs.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Aug 5, 2004