    the board is not o/ced
    tia
    bill

    bgame63, Dec 9, 2004

  2. bgame63

    f/f george Guest

    YES IT WILL HURT IT!!!!!
    You will probably fry the cpu if you do that!!!!

    f/f george, Dec 9, 2004

  3. bgame63

    bgame63 Guest

    im not talking about the heatsink/fan on
    proc. the 1 on the chipset (north or south bridge)
    i,m not sure which its on
    bill

    bgame63, Dec 9, 2004
  4. bgame63

    Ray Guest

    bgame63 wrote:
    > im not talking about the heatsink/fan on
    > proc. the 1 on the chipset (north or south bridge)
    > i,m not sure which its on
    > bill
    >
    > "f/f george" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>YES IT WILL HURT IT!!!!!
    >>You will probably fry the cpu if you do that!!!!
    >>
    >>On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:56:58 -0500, "bgame63" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>i have a soyo dragon plat. edition
    >>>the fan on the chipset is making
    >>>a crappy noise would it hurt it
    >>>to unplug the fan for it until i get a new fan
    >>>the board is not o/ced
    >>>tia
    >>>bill

    I have the 875p dragon platinum and mine has no fan at all on the
    chipset, only a rather large heat sink.
    Ray....

    Ray, Dec 10, 2004
  5. bgame63

    stanmc Guest

    bgame63 wrote:
    > i have a soyo dragon plat. edition
    > the fan on the chipset is making
    > a crappy noise would it hurt it
    > to unplug the fan for it until i get a new fan
    > the board is not o/ced
    > tia
    > bill

    Your Northbridge would at least need passive cooling if you unplugged
    the fan. For suggestions try this place!

    http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/

    Look at the chipset cooling section in the upper left side of the page.

    stanmc, Dec 10, 2004
  6. bgame63

    f/f george Guest

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:49:46 -0500, Ray <>
    wrote:

    >bgame63 wrote:
    >> im not talking about the heatsink/fan on
    >> proc. the 1 on the chipset (north or south bridge)
    >> i,m not sure which its on
    >> bill
    >>
    >> "f/f george" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>YES IT WILL HURT IT!!!!!
    >>>You will probably fry the cpu if you do that!!!!

    >I have the 875p dragon platinum and mine has no fan at all on the
    >chipset, only a rather large heat sink.
    >Ray....

    THAT is why there is no fan, because the heatsink is sooo big! If you
    have a fan the heatsink is smaller!

    f/f george, Dec 10, 2004
  7. bgame63

    SleeperMan Guest

    bgame63 wrote:
    > i have a soyo dragon plat. edition
    > the fan on the chipset is making
    > a crappy noise would it hurt it
    > to unplug the fan for it until i get a new fan
    > the board is not o/ced
    > tia
    > bill

    I have (old) soyo Dragon+ (k7v) and from the time i installed Zalman for
    CPU, i removed chipset fan and all works perfrect. I just pointed zalman fan
    so that it blows a bit of air to chipset also.

    SleeperMan, Dec 10, 2004