Choice of media *IS* important (was: Burning iTunes songs onto CD problems)

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Geoffrey, Jan 10, 2004.

  1. Geoffrey

    Geoffrey Guest

    Tacit <> wrote:

    > There is a BIG difference between different brands of blanks!
    > Verbatim and TDK blanks are among the most reliable; Memorex, the worst.

    Just chipping in here, I will agree that the brand and type of media you
    choose is very important - you buy cheapie no-names, you get exactly
    what you pay for, crap.

    Verbatim / Datalife Plus / Mitsubishi Chemical "AZO" (Metal AZO or Super
    AZO) blue-dye discs are nonpareil -- there really is nothing better. If
    you want the best, Verbatim's CD-R Audio AZO discs are only rated at x16
    speed burn, but they use the superior dark-blue dye, resulting in a disc
    that can be played in absolutely anything. The CD-R Audio also has a
    double-coating of crystalline epoxy, which means they are incredibly
    resistant to scratches and UV effects.

    Verbatim Datalife (non-AZO) and TDK Gold are the best of the p-cyanide
    (very light green) dye discs.

    Memorex and BASF are *the* worst of the big-name brands -- never trust a
    CD blank you can read text through!

    Geoffrey

    (remove EXCESS BAGGAGE to reply via mail)
    --
    WARNING: mail to this address will be auto-bounced if:
    (a) more than 10% original content appears before first quoted matter,
    Geoffrey, Jan 10, 2004