    by a good company like Corsair?

    Thanks,
    Daniel
    Daniel, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Daniel

    Derek Baker Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I need to buy some PC3200 RAM for my 400FSB motherboard.
    >
    > I'm not rich enough to pay out the over-the-top prices for CL2
    > memory, but some RAM on dabs.com is listed as CL3, and some as CL2.5.
    >
    > Is the 2.5 going to be much better than 3? is it worth the extra
    > £10-20 or so over the CL3? Would it be possible to run this CL2.5 at
    > CL2 if it's made by a good company like Corsair?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Daniel

    See here for a latency comparison:
    http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=60000306

    And that's between 2 and 3.

    Having said that I've just bought CL2.5 for my system, mainly for
    psychological reasons: I had 2.5 in my pre-upgrade machine and didn't want
    to downgrade.

    --
    Derek
    Derek Baker, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Derek Baker Guest

    Derek Baker wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I need to buy some PC3200 RAM for my 400FSB motherboard.
    >>
    >> I'm not rich enough to pay out the over-the-top prices for CL2
    >> memory, but some RAM on dabs.com is listed as CL3, and some as CL2.5.
    >>
    >> Is the 2.5 going to be much better than 3? is it worth the extra
    >> £10-20 or so over the CL3? Would it be possible to run this CL2.5 at
    >> CL2 if it's made by a good company like Corsair?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Daniel

    > See here for a latency comparison:
    > http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=60000306
    >
    > And that's between 2 and 3.
    >
    > Having said that I've just bought CL2.5 for my system, mainly for
    > psychological reasons: I had 2.5 in my pre-upgrade machine and didn't
    > want to downgrade.

    Further: I set my Corsair Value Ram to CL2, seems okay.

    Review here: http://legitreviews.com/reviews/valueselect/

    --
    Derek
    Derek Baker, Aug 17, 2004