    is on this unit and or where it is replaced on the unit?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Mike Petch
    mpetch, Feb 28, 2006

  2. mpetch

    arfer Guest

    the battery will either be a round silver disc like a watch battery or
    one that looks like a 9v battery with two wires comein out of it
    the watch type came in two sizes so if thats the type u have best
    remove and call into your local watch shop if its the 9v battery
    loolin type you may struggle to find one i woulddo a google search
    for that type but your local pc shop might have on knockin about
    hope this helps
    arfer, Mar 1, 2006

  3. mpetch

    Ben Myers Guest

    Nope. The computer is ancient enough that C2032 3v lithium coin-type batteries
    were not in use. The battery is undoubtedly an external battery, a large one
    affixed with velcro to the chassis and two wire leads to a two-pin header on the
    motherboard. Typical external battery voltages back then were 3.6v, 4.5v and
    6v. With the latter, a 4-battery pack of 1.5v AA batteries was sometimes
    used... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 1, 2006
  4. mpetch

    mpetch Guest

    I want to thank the people who responded. I went back into the system
    and found the battery (Large cilindircial 3.6v 60mAh battery).

    For those that are interested this 486-25 has a jumper block of 4 pins
    for an external battery (Well there are 3 pins but 1 is deliberately
    missing - and is designed this way). The jumper block is near the built
    in battery and is labelled "jbt" (I assume short for jumper battery)

    Battery replacements for this unit are standard B220.

    Mike
    mpetch, Mar 11, 2006
  5. mpetch

    Ben Myers Guest

    Sounds right, IIRC. The missing pin on the battery header matches the connector
    on the battery leads. It makes sure that the battery + and - are oriented
    correctly... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 11, 2006