COD played on X850XT PE = blanked menus anyone got a fix?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ken Maltby, Oct 29, 2005.

  1. Ken Maltby

    Ken Maltby Guest

    I recently reinstalled "Call Of Duty" on my Asus A8N-E
    running a DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4800+. The
    video card is a ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum, running
    Omega drivers. (2.6.75a (5.10a) now)

    The last time I was running it was on an Asus A7N8X-E
    with an Athlon XT 3000+ and a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro,
    with no problems.

    Now it seems to install and start ok, but the menus are
    unreadable. No text is visible on the single player menus
    and its all black on black fields that you can page through
    with the arrow keys. I have the latest game patch installed.
    Google searching has turned up a couple posts with a
    similar problem, but no answers.

    Anyone seen this before and have some idea how it might
    be made to work?

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Oct 29, 2005

  2. "Ken Maltby" <> wrote in message
    > I recently reinstalled "Call Of Duty" on my Asus A8N-E
    > running a DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4800+. The
    > video card is a ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum, running
    > Omega drivers. (2.6.75a (5.10a) now)
    >
    > The last time I was running it was on an Asus A7N8X-E
    > with an Athlon XT 3000+ and a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro,
    > with no problems.
    >
    > Now it seems to install and start ok, but the menus are
    > unreadable. No text is visible on the single player menus
    > and its all black on black fields that you can page through
    > with the arrow keys. I have the latest game patch installed.
    > Google searching has turned up a couple posts with a
    > similar problem, but no answers.
    >
    > Anyone seen this before and have some idea how it might
    > be made to work?
    >
    > Luck;
    > Ken

    I think it may be the AA is on max. Looks good in games but menus don't
    seem to work sometimes looking blurry. Try switching AA aa off.

    Chris

    Chris Bedford, Oct 31, 2005

  3. Ken Maltby

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Chris Bedford" <> wrote in message

    > I think it may be the AA is on max. Looks good in games but menus don't
    > seem to work sometimes looking blurry. Try switching AA aa off.
    > Chris

    Not the problem, on or off same thing.
    /Ken

    Ken Maltby, Oct 31, 2005