    started. Any help would be appreciated in getting the adaptor reinstalled.

    Thanks,
    Harvey

    Harvey Gratt, Jan 13, 2004

  2. best bet is to try to roll back the driver...
    start-mycomputer(rightclick)-properties-hardware(tab)-devicemanager-click on
    the network adapter and then select properties, then click the drivers tab,
    and then click roll back driver.

    Christopher Muto, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    Already tried that to no avail (it said there was nothing to roll back
    to). Also, tried a restore point from several days earlier without success.

    Thanks,
    Harvey

    Harvey Gratt, Jan 13, 2004
  4. the integrated nic is the 3c920. i suggest that you download the latest
    driver from support.dell.com and then delete the device from system
    properties, then shut down, and supply the downloaded driver when it detects
    the new hardware upon restart. i wonder if this has to do with having the
    computer hibernate... see this article which may apply:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314801

    Christopher Muto, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    Thanks. I will have try this in the next few days.

    Harvey

    Harvey Gratt, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    Did not work. He will be calling DELL shortly.

    Thanks for your help,
    Harvey

    Harvey Gratt, Jan 16, 2004
  7. Harvey Gratt

    jrny42

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    3C920 code 10

    Any Luck guys? I just had the same deal with my dell 8200 even did a system wipe nada let me know

    jrny42, Aug 29, 2007