Code 12 recourse lack with PhysX card, Geforce 6800 GT and Abit

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Mr.Alien, Oct 19, 2006.

  1. Mr.Alien

    Mr.Alien

    Code 12 resource lack with PhysX card, Geforce 6800 GT and Abit

    I know this is an old thread, but I am experiencing a similar code 12 recourse problem as Karma did back I 2004.
    I had an Abit IC7-G motherboard and a Geforce 6800 GT video card and Everything worked fine. I recently bought an Ageia PhysX card from BFG Tech and when I plugged it in there were no recourses left for my Geforce 6800 GT card (result: lowest resolution and 4 bit colour in Windows XP Pro, conflict between CPU to AGP controller and VGA Save). As soon as I remove the PhysX card everything works fine.
    I have tested the PhysX card in 3 others computers and the card works fine. One of these computers even contained a Geforce 6800 GT card but an Asus KV8 SE motherboard. When I replace my Geforce 6800 GT card with an ATI 9800 Pro the problem I gone.
    I have tried everything and unfortunately I “burned” my motherboard in the process… my bad :eek:
    I found a used Abit IC7 Max 3 motherboard in the local shop and started all over with a complete format and re-install. But when I plugged in the PhysX card… same resource problem. So it seems like it is the combination of an Abit motherboard (IC7 G or Max3) + Geforce 6800GT + PhysX card.
    As Karma I have not been able to make any changes to the recourse configuration no matter what I do (BIOS or Windows). Everything is greyed out.

    Can anybody give me a clue before I burn another motherboard :(

    Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
    Mr.Alien, Oct 19, 2006
  2. Mr.Alien

    Mr.Alien

    Problem solved

    Installed PhysX card and cleared CMOS (Re-programed BIOS), Reduced AGP Aperture from 128 MB to 64MB. Booted and problem was solved. Went back to BIOS and increased AGP aperture to 256MB and everything still worked fine. :cool:

    Mr.Alien, Oct 22, 2006