    with my mouse..It makes noise even when i scroll down the page.

    What could be the problem?

    Thank you.
    lxs, Sep 19, 2006

  2. lxs

    CoCo Guest

    lxs skrev:
    > Hey guys I have asus p4p800se with p4 2.8E ghz and radeon 9800pro.
    > The problem is when I try to run graphics program that uses opengl or
    > directx (ex. SolidWorks) it makes noises as soon as I move the model
    > with my mouse..It makes noise even when i scroll down the page.

    hi

    cpu/gf use much more power under load and then something like parts in psu or cpu power
    converters (transistors/coils) makes the sound, can also be ure soundcard that picks up the
    electric noise, u didn't tell if it were in speakers or not.

    > What could be the problem?

    maybe, but likely not. but u can check the mb for the cause by putting u're finger around to
    locate parts that "sounds" (coils & transistors), little warning here, hot parts!!!

    if u dare and have found the noisemaker maybe a plastic stiper or shrinkhose can fix it!

    > Thank you.

    ;-)
    CoCo, Sep 19, 2006

  3. lxs

    Dylan C Guest

    lxs wrote:
    > Hey guys I have asus p4p800se with p4 2.8E ghz and radeon 9800pro.
    > The problem is when I try to run graphics program that uses opengl or
    > directx (ex. SolidWorks) it makes noises as soon as I move the model
    > with my mouse..It makes noise even when i scroll down the page.
    >
    > What could be the problem?
    >
    > Thank you.

    What does the noise sound like? If its a hardware noise like a rattle
    or buzz, you should be able to pinpoint the source by removing the side
    from your case and listening for the sound. Once the source is
    determined, the problem can be better addressed.

    -Dylan C
    Dylan C, Sep 19, 2006
  4. lxs

    Zephyr Guest

    I'm think interrupt. His sound card interrupt is the same as the hard drive
    or something?

    --
    Zyp

    Zephyr, Sep 19, 2006
  5. lxs

    lxs Guest

    Dylan C wrote:
    > lxs wrote:
    > > Hey guys I have asus p4p800se with p4 2.8E ghz and radeon 9800pro.
    > > The problem is when I try to run graphics program that uses opengl or
    > > directx (ex. SolidWorks) it makes noises as soon as I move the model
    > > with my mouse..It makes noise even when i scroll down the page.
    > >
    > > What could be the problem?
    > >
    > > Thank you.
    > >

    > What does the noise sound like? If its a hardware noise like a rattle
    > or buzz, you should be able to pinpoint the source by removing the side
    > from your case and listening for the sound. Once the source is
    > determined, the problem can be better addressed.
    >
    > -Dylan C

    Thanks for the reply.
    I don't have any speakers.
    I've tried pin pointing to the location of the sound the noise is
    coming from the area around cpu, its deminitely not PWS.
    In general the noise sounds like something is being calculated but its
    ubnormal.

    Any help would be appresiated.

    Thank you.
    lxs, Sep 19, 2006
  6. lxs

    Dylan C Guest

    lxs wrote:
    > Dylan C wrote:
    >
    >>lxs wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hey guys I have asus p4p800se with p4 2.8E ghz and radeon 9800pro.
    >>>The problem is when I try to run graphics program that uses opengl or
    >>>directx (ex. SolidWorks) it makes noises as soon as I move the model
    >>>with my mouse..It makes noise even when i scroll down the page.
    >>>
    >>>What could be the problem?
    >>>
    >>>Thank you.
    >>>

    >>What does the noise sound like? If its a hardware noise like a rattle
    >>or buzz, you should be able to pinpoint the source by removing the side
    >>from your case and listening for the sound. Once the source is
    >>determined, the problem can be better addressed.
    >>
    >>-Dylan C

    > Thanks for the reply.
    > I don't have any speakers.
    > I've tried pin pointing to the location of the sound the noise is
    > coming from the area around cpu, its deminitely not PWS.
    > In general the noise sounds like something is being calculated but its
    > ubnormal.
    >
    > Any help would be appresiated.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Well, I don't know what something sounds like when its being
    "calculated", but if its a mechanical noise, its got to be coming from
    some moving parts. Likely sources are a bad CPU fan or Northbridge fan.
    Since it seems to happen only when CPU is stressed, I'd suspect the
    CPU fan. On the other hand, if its an electrical noise coming from some
    component of the system, it could be much more difficult to fix. If you
    can't tell the difference between electrical and mechanical noise, I
    suggest you take it into the professionals.

    -Dylan C
    Dylan C, Sep 19, 2006
  7. lxs

    lxs Guest

    Dylan C wrote:
    > lxs wrote:
    > > Dylan C wrote:

    > >>What does the noise sound like? If its a hardware noise like a rattle
    > >>or buzz, you should be able to pinpoint the source by removing the side
    > >>from your case and listening for the sound. Once the source is
    > >>determined, the problem can be better addressed.
    > >>
    > >>-Dylan C

    > > Thanks for the reply.
    > > I don't have any speakers.
    > > I've tried pin pointing to the location of the sound the noise is
    > > coming from the area around cpu, its deminitely not PWS.
    > > In general the noise sounds like something is being calculated but its
    > > ubnormal.
    > >
    > > Any help would be appresiated.
    > >
    > > Thank you.
    > >

    > Well, I don't know what something sounds like when its being
    > "calculated", but if its a mechanical noise, its got to be coming from
    > some moving parts. Likely sources are a bad CPU fan or Northbridge fan.
    > Since it seems to happen only when CPU is stressed, I'd suspect the
    > CPU fan. On the other hand, if its an electrical noise coming from some
    > component of the system, it could be much more difficult to fix. If you
    > can't tell the difference between electrical and mechanical noise, I
    > suggest you take it into the professionals.
    >
    > -Dylan C

    Thanks again for your input.
    Its not a mechanical noise since I've just replaced the cpu fan and PWS
    but it seems like it might be electrical and its coming around the left
    side of the cpu socket. I've checked for damaged circuit and found
    nothing on either side of the board.
    Under 50% stress the temperature of the CPU rises to 55c case temp is
    at 26c and mobo tem is 30c.

    Any sugestions?

    Thank you.
    lxs, Sep 19, 2006
  8. lxs

    Eric Parker Guest

    "lxs" <> wrote in message

    > Dylan C wrote:
    > > lxs wrote:

    9800pro.

    opengl or

    model

    rattle

    the side

    > > > Thanks for the reply.
    > > > I don't have any speakers.
    > > > I've tried pin pointing to the location of the sound the noise

    is
    > > > coming from the area around cpu, its deminitely not PWS.
    > > > In general the noise sounds like something is being calculated

    but its
    > > > ubnormal.
    > > >
    > > > Any help would be appresiated.
    > > >
    > > > Thank you.
    > > >

    > > Well, I don't know what something sounds like when its being
    > > "calculated", but if its a mechanical noise, its got to be coming

    from
    > > some moving parts. Likely sources are a bad CPU fan or

    Northbridge fan.
    > > Since it seems to happen only when CPU is stressed, I'd suspect

    the
    > > CPU fan. On the other hand, if its an electrical noise coming

    from some
    > > component of the system, it could be much more difficult to fix.

    If you
    > > can't tell the difference between electrical and mechanical noise,

    > > suggest you take it into the professionals.
    > >
    > > -Dylan C

    > Thanks again for your input.
    > Its not a mechanical noise since I've just replaced the cpu fan and

    PWS
    > but it seems like it might be electrical and its coming around the

    left
    > side of the cpu socket. I've checked for damaged circuit and found
    > nothing on either side of the board.
    > Under 50% stress the temperature of the CPU rises to 55c case temp

    is
    > at 26c and mobo tem is 30c.
    >
    > Any sugestions?
    >
    > Thank you.

    From your description I've got no idea what it sounds like.
    Can you record normal & noisy and post it on a web site ?
    Around the sides of CPU sockets are power converters.
    CoCo's suggestion of touching these to dampen the sounds seems useful,
    but as stated, beware the hot parts.

    Eric
    --
    Remove the dross to contact me directly
    Eric Parker, Sep 20, 2006
  9. lxs

    lxs Guest

    Eric Parker wrote:
    > "lxs" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Dylan C wrote:

    > 9800pro.

    > opengl or

    > model

    > rattle

    > the side

    > is

    > but its

    > > > Well, I don't know what something sounds like when its being
    > > > "calculated", but if its a mechanical noise, its got to be coming

    > from
    > > > some moving parts. Likely sources are a bad CPU fan or

    > Northbridge fan.
    > > > Since it seems to happen only when CPU is stressed, I'd suspect

    > the
    > > > CPU fan. On the other hand, if its an electrical noise coming

    > from some
    > > > component of the system, it could be much more difficult to fix.

    > If you
    > > > can't tell the difference between electrical and mechanical noise,

    > > > suggest you take it into the professionals.
    > > >
    > > > -Dylan C

    > > Thanks again for your input.
    > > Its not a mechanical noise since I've just replaced the cpu fan and

    > PWS
    > > but it seems like it might be electrical and its coming around the

    > left
    > > side of the cpu socket. I've checked for damaged circuit and found
    > > nothing on either side of the board.
    > > Under 50% stress the temperature of the CPU rises to 55c case temp

    > is
    > > at 26c and mobo tem is 30c.
    > >
    > > Any sugestions?
    > >
    > > Thank you.
    > >

    > From your description I've got no idea what it sounds like.
    > Can you record normal & noisy and post it on a web site ?
    > Around the sides of CPU sockets are power converters.
    > CoCo's suggestion of touching these to dampen the sounds seems useful,
    > but as stated, beware the hot parts.
    >
    > Eric
    > --
    > Remove the dross to contact me directly

    Thank you for the reply.
    I'm going to try and do that.
    By the way is 55c on 50% load too much or not using "sisoft" P4 2.8E
    socket 478.

    Regards.
    lxs, Sep 20, 2006