Compaq D500

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by haychuckles, Feb 7, 2010.

  1. haychuckles

    haychuckles

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2010
    Hey everyone, I really need someones help and will be eternally in debt to whoever helps me.

    I am the owner of a Compaq Evo D500 with 1.8 ghz processor with 400 mhz fsb. Recently I purchased a new 2.8 ghz also 400 mhz fsb. When I installed there was a 1801 microcode error, and so I needed to upgrade my bios from 2.11 to 3.04 using the upgrade I got from HP's website.

    Now when I start the computer here is what is displayed.

    Initializing intel(r) boot agent version 4.1.08
    PXE 2.1 Build 083 (wfm 2.0), RPL V2.74

    **** Then I press F1 to boot*** ... and it says

    PXE-E61 Media test failure, Check cable
    PXE-M0F Exiting Intel Boot Agent

    Non-System disk or disk error
    Replace and strike any key when ready

    Unfortunately I don't have a disk in the floppy drive. And when I go to system preferences the bios isn't even recognizing my hard disk or my floppy. So when I try to flash the bios with a floppy nothing happens. At this point I'll try anything.

    Can anyone give me any suggestions?
    greatly appreciated.
    Charlie.

    haychuckles, Feb 7, 2010
  2. haychuckles

    GREATMAN

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2010
    What i did with pxe error

    check boot order and disable boot from LAN set HD at number 1, try reseating hd if that fails or try another hd in machine

    GREATMAN, Apr 6, 2010