Compaq Evo N610c help!

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by salazar634@hotmail.com, Oct 23, 2006.

  1. Guest

    i have an evo N610c which is supplied through my work. the lease
    however has run out and it now is myne. however i do not have the
    administrator password for the bios so i am unable to install or format
    anything to do with the hard drive. Whenever i try to install a new OS
    it asks for an admiistraor password and will not let me proceed
    further. this password also locks me out of the bios. i have tried to
    research this with no luck. if anyone has any ideas on how to get
    passed this it would be a lot of help.

    i thought of resetting the bios by removing battery to do so. however i
    can only find 1 and remove one battery (apart from the obvious laptop
    running battery) and when removed this does nothing.

    any suggestions would be very helpful thankyou