Compaq Presario 1080 RTC Battery

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by audimg@aol.com, Nov 3, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi:

    I have the above shown laptop and it doesn't want to boot. A screen
    message says the RTC batery needs replacing. If I leave it powered for
    a while it will boot after I reset the CMOS defaults so it appears to
    be okay except for that battery. Oddly, though, the system clock has
    never lost the correct date/time.

    I've found the battery online and I've put cmos batteries into desktop
    computers before but never a laptop. I'm not sure where the battery
    goes or even how to get the case open. Any advice on this would be
    greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    John