Compaq Presario 2550CA Wireless Driver - Where?

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Chris, Nov 1, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I have a Compaq Presario 2550CA

    My wireless adapter that came built in with the computer is Lan Express.

    I have installed both XP Home and XP Professional on my computer a couple of
    times since I got it. I have the Compaq Windows XP Home cd that came with
    my computer (not referring to the restore cd's) and I have a Microsoft
    Windows XP Professional cd.

    When I have installed XP Home, the wireless driver is included and works
    fine. When I install off the MS Prof. cd, the wireless driver is not
    included and I have to download it off the Compaq support website.

    Last time I installed XP Prof. I downloaded the broadcom wireless drivers
    and they didn't work. This was when Compaq was in transition to HP and the
    Lan Express driver was still available. It worked.

    Now I see that there are only Broadcom drivers on the Compaq website. I
    sent an email to Compaq asking and they said that they are the correct
    drivers, but I am sure that the Broadcom drivers didn't work.

    Anybody know if the Broadcom drivers work or if I can install the drivers
    off the XP Home cd I have? I want to make sure I have all the proper
    drivers before I do the install.

    Thanks

    Chris, Nov 1, 2003

  2. http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareDownloadIndex.jhtml?lc=en&softitem=ob-12750-1&sw_lang=en&cc=us

    The Lan express WLAN adapter is not supported by the Broadcom drivers. The
    Lan express module uses a WLAN chipset developed by a company named
    Intersil. The above link gives you access to the latest Lan express drivers
    for XP (works on both Home and Professional).

    Phil Doragh

    Philip Doragh, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Thank you very much for the link. I really appreciate it.

    Chris

    Chris, Nov 1, 2003