Compaq Presario Laptop M2010 US Won't Start

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by paramindsoftware@gmail.com, Nov 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I had used the screen saver function and then noticed it turning
    the machine off when unattended for several hours. I took off
    the screen saver (I was only using the screen saver for about 24
    hours, it was a recent decision to use it).

    I was able to turn it back on the first time after pressing in the
    button
    for about 20 seconds but now it's dead.

    I've tried these instructions I found here once given by HP technitians
    with no luck:

    1. Disconnect AC power.
    2. Disconnect laptop battery.
    3. Press power button in the laptop for 20 seconds (or 1 minute).
    4. Connect AC power (not battery).
    5. Check whether the laptop powers up.

    I had a previous Compaq that I had good luck with so decided for them
    again. However, this machine has caused many problems since buying it.
    The DVD won't even play movies anymore. I have had several blue
    screens of death since using it (It's about 14 months old) and it
    is slow with multi-tasking. I will bring it in for a memory upgrade so
    now will probably do that sooner than later if I need to bring it in to
    a shop.

    Does anyone have any tips to get it to turn back on?

    Robert Pearson
    ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
    Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
    http://www.rspearson.com
    , Nov 12, 2006

  2. Guest

    I got it to tun on but after using the power adaptor for a while it
    then
    switched to battery and was unable to get the power adaptor to work.
    I see that there is a cool fix for this at

    http://www.fonerbooks.com/laptop_7.htm

    wrote:
    > I had used the screen saver function and then noticed it turning
    > the machine off when unattended for several hours. I took off
    > the screen saver (I was only using the screen saver for about 24
    > hours, it was a recent decision to use it).
    >
    > I was able to turn it back on the first time after pressing in the
    > button
    > for about 20 seconds but now it's dead.
    >
    > I've tried these instructions I found here once given by HP technitians
    > with no luck:
    >
    > 1. Disconnect AC power.
    > 2. Disconnect laptop battery.
    > 3. Press power button in the laptop for 20 seconds (or 1 minute).
    > 4. Connect AC power (not battery).
    > 5. Check whether the laptop powers up.
    >
    > I had a previous Compaq that I had good luck with so decided for them
    > again. However, this machine has caused many problems since buying it.
    > The DVD won't even play movies anymore. I have had several blue
    > screens of death since using it (It's about 14 months old) and it
    > is slow with multi-tasking. I will bring it in for a memory upgrade so
    > now will probably do that sooner than later if I need to bring it in to
    > a shop.
    >
    > Does anyone have any tips to get it to turn back on?
    >

    > --
    > --
    > Robert Pearson
    > ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
    > Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
    > http://www.rspearson.com
    , Nov 13, 2006