Comparison of Sun Fire V 490 and Sun SPARC Enterprise M4000 server

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Bruce, Jun 26, 2008.

  1. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Hi,

    Which of the following will be ideal for a 2-node sun cluster with
    Oracle HA or RAC interms of performance:

    Sun Fire V490 Server with 2 * 2.1 GHz UltraSPARC IV+ processors with
    32MB cache each, 16GB memory (16* 1GB DIMMs) or

    Sun SPARC Enterprise M4000 server which includes 2*2.15GHz SPARC64 VI
    Processors (1 CPU boards with 2 *CPUS each & 5MB on-chip L2 cache),
    and 16GB system memory on 2 memory modules (2 memory modules with 8 *
    1GB DDR2 DIMMs),

    Regards,
    Raghu

    1. Advertising

  2. re:music

    re:music Guest

    Re: Comparison of Sun Fire V 490 and Sun SPARC Enterprise M4000server

    On Jun 26, 9:24 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Which of the following will be ideal for a 2-node sun cluster with
    > Oracle HA or RAC interms of performance:
    >
    > Sun Fire V490 Server with 2 * 2.1 GHz UltraSPARC IV+ processors with
    > 32MB cache each, 16GB memory (16* 1GB DIMMs)  or
    >
    > Sun SPARC Enterprise M4000 server which includes 2*2.15GHz SPARC64 VI
    > Processors (1 CPU boards with 2 *CPUS each & 5MB on-chip L2 cache),
    > and 16GB system memory on 2 memory modules (2 memory modules with 8 *
    > 1GB DDR2 DIMMs),
    >
    > Regards,
    > Raghu

    I would say the V490 for sure, Benchmarks for 2 node clustering are
    far superior to the relatively new and untested M4000........ and it's
    cheaper!!

    Just my twopennies worth!