    saying that the product was returnable for 14 days.

    see thread: a very expensive $299.00 laptop

    this to help possible Compusa customers do their research.

    schliss, Sep 24, 2006

  2. schliss

    Notan Guest

    schliss wrote:

    > This is a posting to help people looking to buy a Laptop. I thought it
    > appropriate to summarize my experience with Conpusa.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > see thread: a very expensive $299.00 laptop
    >
    > this to help possible Compusa customers do their research.

    Maybe in a few more days, you can post a summary to your summary.

    We read your original post. We understood it.

    Now it's time to move on.

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 24, 2006

  3. Next time buy from Costco, cheaper and they take almost everything back, or
    swap it for another, no questions asked.

    Michael Paris, Sep 24, 2006
  4. schliss

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "schliss" <> wrote in message
    > This is a posting to help people looking to buy a Laptop. I thought it
    > appropriate to summarize my experience with Conpusa.
    > 1. I purchased a new Compaq laptop from them.
    > 2. They had it shipped to me.
    > 3. It would not connect wirelessly to the internet so I brought it to them
    > and the tech said it was defective.
    > 4. I ask them to repair it and he said he did not carry the part.
    > 5. Being that it was the second day I had it and the 11 day since the
    > purchased I asked for a refund and was told that they wanted $65.00 for
    > transport but would waive restocking fee because the unit was defective.
    > 6. The companies stance has been that I should have done my research and
    > known that they have such charges inspite of a statement on the sales slip
    > saying that the product was returnable for 14 days.
    >
    > see thread: a very expensive $299.00 laptop
    >
    > this to help possible Compusa customers do their research.

    I urge you to let up on this issue...you are beginning to obsess.

    Why start another thread?

    We heard you the first time.

    We know you are not happy with the way you feel you were treated.

    Sometimes you just have to let things go...

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 25, 2006
  5. schliss

    TeK Guest

    Funny that another compusa situation arose. you can add bestbuy and
    circuit city in there as well, but compusa i believe takes the most
    cake. these larger computer/electronic stores are not the place to
    purchase "high ticket" items -especialy computers, witch sounds ironic
    since these items comprise the majority of what they sell.

    You would have a better consumer safety net by purchasing
    computers/electronics at department stores such as wal-mart, costco,
    k-mart ect, where there is/has been a long standing 100% customer
    satisfaction "no questions asked" return/replacement gaurantee (well
    maybe someone at one of these may ask "why" but you'll still be takin
    care of)

    Though im sure theres others that have had little to no problems
    returning defective merchandise for exchange/refund at any one of these
    retailers before, and i dont mean this to be an outright flame towards
    any of them, but an equal number (myself included) have run into
    nothing but headaches doing so, only to experience there policies being
    altered "on the fly" before there/your very eyes when they (compusa)
    detect a lemon of the line (as in product) and there (your) not the
    only one that will be taking a pocket book hit- due to model wide
    defect, wether this being a desktop/laptop or widescreen tv- Beware!

    TeK, Sep 25, 2006
  6. schliss

    schliss Guest

    "NoNoBadDog!" <> wrote in message

    > "schliss" <> wrote in message
    >> This is a posting to help people looking to buy a Laptop. I thought it
    >> appropriate to summarize my experience with Conpusa.
    >> 1. I purchased a new Compaq laptop from them.
    >> 2. They had it shipped to me.
    >> 3. It would not connect wirelessly to the internet so I brought it to
    >> them and the tech said it was defective.
    >> 4. I ask them to repair it and he said he did not carry the part.
    >> 5. Being that it was the second day I had it and the 11 day since the
    >> purchased I asked for a refund and was told that they wanted $65.00 for
    >> transport but would waive restocking fee because the unit was defective.
    >> 6. The companies stance has been that I should have done my research and
    >> known that they have such charges inspite of a statement on the sales
    >> slip saying that the product was returnable for 14 days.
    >>
    >> see thread: a very expensive $299.00 laptop
    >>
    >> this to help possible Compusa customers do their research.
    >>

    > I urge you to let up on this issue...you are beginning to obsess.

    No I just don't like slimy dealers

    > Why start another thread?

    Because when I searched on Compusa before I purchased my computer and did
    not find mention of their policy on return of defective computers, so I made
    the search a little easier.

    > We heard you the first time.

    Great

    > We know you are not happy with the way you feel you were treated.

    You bet your ass on that!!!!!!!!

    >Sometimes you just have to let things go...

    Not likely I hope to at least publicize the company policy of not honoring
    their warranties on defective computers.

    > Bobby

    Think of me as a guy who ain't going to let it go!!!!!

    schliss, Sep 25, 2006
  7. schliss

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "schliss" <> wrote in message

    > "NoNoBadDog!" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "schliss" <> wrote in message
    >>> This is a posting to help people looking to buy a Laptop. I thought it
    >>> appropriate to summarize my experience with Conpusa.
    >>> 1. I purchased a new Compaq laptop from them.
    >>> 2. They had it shipped to me.
    >>> 3. It would not connect wirelessly to the internet so I brought it to
    >>> them and the tech said it was defective.
    >>> 4. I ask them to repair it and he said he did not carry the part.
    >>> 5. Being that it was the second day I had it and the 11 day since the
    >>> purchased I asked for a refund and was told that they wanted $65.00 for
    >>> transport but would waive restocking fee because the unit was defective.
    >>> 6. The companies stance has been that I should have done my research
    >>> and known that they have such charges inspite of a statement on the
    >>> sales slip saying that the product was returnable for 14 days.
    >>>
    >>> see thread: a very expensive $299.00 laptop
    >>>
    >>> this to help possible Compusa customers do their research.
    >>>

    >> I urge you to let up on this issue...you are beginning to obsess.

    > No I just don't like slimy dealers
    >

    >> Why start another thread?

    > Because when I searched on Compusa before I purchased my computer and did
    > not find mention of their policy on return of defective computers, so I
    > made the search a little easier.
    >

    >> We heard you the first time.

    > Great
    >>
    >> We know you are not happy with the way you feel you were treated.

    > You bet your ass on that!!!!!!!!
    >
    >>Sometimes you just have to let things go...

    > Not likely I hope to at least publicize the company policy of not honoring
    > their warranties on defective computers.
    >

    >> Bobby

    > Think of me as a guy who ain't going to let it go!!!!!

    I think of you as someone who can't admit that they didn't do enough
    research before buying, and now expects the store to make up for your
    mistake. I am not defending the store any more that I am defending you.
    The store actually went above and beyond what it had to do. By rights,
    your beef is with the manufacturer. The wireless worked when it was
    delivered. The store delivered what was promised. When the wireless quit
    working, you had two choices:

    1. The obvious choice, and the most correct choice, was to contact the
    manufacturer for repair. You bought the item with no CompUSA warranty, and
    no guarantee that they would accept it at the store level, as it is not a
    normal retail stock item.

    2. You could have asked the store what your options are (and you would have
    received the same answer). You could have then known that your options are
    very limited, and then decided what to do.

    I sympathize that you may be on a fixed budget. But you have to understand
    that your circumstances are different than if you had bought the item at the
    store. The store has the right to not give you a full refund. They cannot
    sell the item, they have to pay to have it shipped, and if they did decide
    to repair it, it would be out of warranty because the warranty is
    non-transferable.

    Your battle should be with the manufacturer.

    I do give you credit. Not many would go to such great lengths over a
    $299.99 dollar computer.

    In the future, before making a purchase of something like this, do the right
    thing and find out what your options for defective merchandise is *BEFORE*
    you buy.

    You really cannot expect the store to cover your losses. It is not fair to
    the store.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 25, 2006
  8. schliss

    TeK Guest

    Well when you buy something from direct from the manufacturer (like
    dell) your protected from start to finish, including shipping both ways
    and sometimes a replacement item ahead of time before the defective
    item is returned. what compusa/bestbuy doesnt tell you with there
    returned defective items, along with tossing in any extending
    protection/warranty plans you may or may not have purchased (or implied
    that you didnt know about) is that there some what removing/relieving
    some of the manufactures warranty responsibiltys/obligiations from you
    (and them) and leaving you wide open to there mercy, witch includes all
    these hidden fees/charges shipping restocking ect.. because there not
    going to take the hit, and they make more money in the long run from it
    all. extended 1-2 year protection plans (that you purchase in store)
    work at there discretion, only if they deem it replacable within that
    time period -if repairable, then your responsible for the repair fee
    since it did not need replacing (once again there discretion) -oh it
    gets even funner than this! peeps he did get screwed, if they could
    turn that $299 computer into a $799 computer before its all over with,
    they will surely try it. i forget how it all works but by adding
    compusa/bestbuy into the mix between you and the manufacturer at time
    of purchase (meaning you didnt purchase it direct) you allready screwed
    yourself. and this gos with everything they sell. you have to deal with
    them and the manufacturer will tell you this. thats where the warranty
    is honored, why do you think you cant buy a dell from bestbuy or
    compusa? (or anywhere else for that matter) well its one reason why
    dell is the most popular computer manufacturer in the world.

    TeK, Sep 25, 2006
  9. schliss

    BillW50 Guest

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    [...]
    > You really cannot expect the store to cover your losses. It is not
    > fair to the store.

    [...]

    What? If a store say is called BestBuy won't honor BestBuy sales
    whether from their store or another BestBuy outlet, then what good
    is the name? As they won't be any better than Joe Blows Electronic
    store.

    And I don't believe the store eats the loss anyway! How could they?
    Corporate BestBuy should be responsible to reimburse the store for
    any of their cost to deal with it.

    --
    Bill

    BillW50, Sep 25, 2006
  10. schliss

    BillW50 Guest

    TeK wrote:
    > Well when you buy something from direct from the manufacturer
    > (like dell) your protected from start to finish, including
    > shipping both ways and sometimes a replacement item ahead of
    > time before the defective item is returned.

    Virtually everyone does that. Even places like TigerDirect.

    > what compusa/bestbuy doesnt tell you with there returned
    > defective items, along with tossing in any extending
    > protection/warranty plans you may or may not have purchased (or
    > implied that you didnt know about) is that there some what
    > removing/relieving some of the manufactures warranty
    > responsibiltys/obligiations from you (and them) and leaving you
    > wide open to there mercy, witch includes all these hidden
    > fees/charges shipping restocking ect.. because there not going
    > to take the hit, and they make more money in the long run from
    > it all.

    What a load of crap!

    > extended 1-2 year protection plans (that you purchase in store)
    > work at there discretion, only if they deem it replacable
    > within that time period -if repairable, then your responsible
    > for the repair fee since it did not need replacing (once again
    > there discretion) -oh it gets even funner than this! peeps he
    > did get screwed, if they could turn that $299 computer into a
    > $799 computer before its all over with, they will surely try
    > it. i forget how it all works but by adding compusa/bestbuy
    > into the mix between you and the manufacturer at time of
    > purchase (meaning you didnt purchase it direct) you allready
    > screwed yourself. and this gos with everything they sell. you
    > have to deal with them and the manufacturer will tell you this.
    > thats where the warranty is honored,

    This non-sense should be posted on the Internet far and wide so
    these people don't get by screwing people.

    > why do you think you cant buy a dell from bestbuy or compusa?
    > (or anywhere else for that matter) well its one reason why dell
    > is the most popular computer manufacturer in the world.

    My mother has a Dell and they are not better or worse than most
    other computers and they are generally overpriced. But so are
    Apples.

    --
    Bill

    BillW50, Sep 25, 2006
  11. schliss

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "BillW50" <> wrote in message
    > NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    > [...]
    >> You really cannot expect the store to cover your losses. It is not
    >> fair to the store.

    > [...]
    >
    > What? If a store say is called BestBuy won't honor BestBuy sales
    > whether from their store or another BestBuy outlet, then what good
    > is the name? As they won't be any better than Joe Blows Electronic
    > store.
    >
    > And I don't believe the store eats the loss anyway! How could they?
    > Corporate BestBuy should be responsible to reimburse the store for
    > any of their cost to deal with it.
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    Read the thread and try to keep up...he bought a laptop that is online only,
    not a store stock item. He bought it without any warranty from CompUSA. The
    store will indeed have to eat the shipping as it is not a store stock item.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 25, 2006
  12. schliss

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "TeK" <> wrote in message
    > Well when you buy something from direct from the manufacturer (like
    > dell) your protected from start to finish, including shipping both ways
    > and sometimes a replacement item ahead of time before the defective
    > item is returned. what compusa/bestbuy doesnt tell you with there
    > returned defective items, along with tossing in any extending
    > protection/warranty plans you may or may not have purchased (or implied
    > that you didnt know about) is that there some what removing/relieving
    > some of the manufactures warranty responsibiltys/obligiations from you
    > (and them) and leaving you wide open to there mercy, witch includes all
    > these hidden fees/charges shipping restocking ect.. because there not
    > going to take the hit, and they make more money in the long run from it
    > all. extended 1-2 year protection plans (that you purchase in store)
    > work at there discretion, only if they deem it replacable within that
    > time period -if repairable, then your responsible for the repair fee
    > since it did not need replacing (once again there discretion) -oh it
    > gets even funner than this! peeps he did get screwed, if they could
    > turn that $299 computer into a $799 computer before its all over with,
    > they will surely try it. i forget how it all works but by adding
    > compusa/bestbuy into the mix between you and the manufacturer at time
    > of purchase (meaning you didnt purchase it direct) you allready screwed
    > yourself. and this gos with everything they sell. you have to deal with
    > them and the manufacturer will tell you this. thats where the warranty
    > is honored, why do you think you cant buy a dell from bestbuy or
    > compusa? (or anywhere else for that matter) well its one reason why
    > dell is the most popular computer manufacturer in the world.
    >'

    Complete nonsense.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 25, 2006
  13. schliss

    BillW50 Guest

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    > Read the thread and try to keep up...he bought a laptop that is
    > online only, not a store stock item. He bought it without any
    > warranty from CompUSA. The store will indeed have to eat the
    > shipping as it is not a store stock item.
    > Bobby

    I don't care! This guy believes if he is dealing with CompUSA, he is
    really dealing with CompUSA! What others are saying is no, there is
    really a CompUSA 1 and a CompUSA 2. This is outright fraud! And this is
    why someone can't open up a fast food chain called McDonalds which has
    different rules and items than the one we know today.

    --
    Bill

    BillW50, Sep 25, 2006
  14. schliss

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "BillW50" <> wrote in message
    > NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    >> Read the thread and try to keep up...he bought a laptop that is
    >> online only, not a store stock item. He bought it without any
    >> warranty from CompUSA. The store will indeed have to eat the
    >> shipping as it is not a store stock item.
    >> Bobby

    > I don't care! This guy believes if he is dealing with CompUSA, he is
    > really dealing with CompUSA! What others are saying is no, there is really
    > a CompUSA 1 and a CompUSA 2. This is outright fraud! And this is why
    > someone can't open up a fast food chain called McDonalds which has
    > different rules and items than the one we know today.
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    And again, you are completely misinterpreting what is being said.

    No one is claiming there is two CompUSA's.

    There are guidelines on what a store can pass along and what a store cannot
    pass along. The POL and auditing system will not allow a retail store to
    recoup a unit that was purchased online and is shipped back to the origin.
    Different fund cites. Different accounts. Different methods of fund
    allocation.

    If you cannot contribute anything other than knee-jerk sophisms, please stay
    out of the thread.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 25, 2006
  15. schliss

    BillW50 Guest

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    > And again, you are completely misinterpreting what is being said.

    Really? Want to bet?

    > No one is claiming there is two CompUSA's.

    Want to bet! There is the store CompUSA and the Mail order CompUSA. That
    makes 2! So what kind of crap are you trying to pull here? If you are
    trying to pull some new space age math on us, it ain't going to work!!!
    We are far smarter than to listen to that BS!

    > There are guidelines on what a store can pass along and what a store
    > cannot pass along. The POL and auditing system will not allow a
    > retail store to recoup a unit that was purchased online and is
    > shipped back to the origin. Different fund cites. Different
    > accounts. Different methods of fund allocation.
    >
    > If you cannot contribute anything other than knee-jerk sophisms,
    > please stay out of the thread.
    >
    > Bobby

    I have been involved with shipping with major companies like Wal-Mart,
    Target, UPS, USPS, food chains, etc. for over 10 years. They have trucks
    going to and from the warehouses to the stores all of the time and it
    cost them nothing to ship a few items back. And you are the one with the
    knee-jerk reactions and are totally clueless (and a BSer)! Also by you
    stepping on the little guy ain't going to make you many friends here! Go
    play elsewhere! You obviously are no better than the low class crooks
    that you are trying to defend. BYE!

    --
    Bill

    BillW50, Sep 25, 2006
  16. schliss

    shockwa Guest

    "Michael Paris" <> wrote in message
    > Next time buy from Costco, cheaper and they take almost everything back,
    > or swap it for another, no questions asked.

    I second that motion. Costco is a great place to buy. If you wait you can
    even find good deals (rebates) that are instant. No mail-in nonsense.
    Comp-USA has terrible customer service and this just adds to their so called
    good reputation.

    shockwa, Sep 25, 2006
  17. schliss

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "BillW50" <> wrote in message
    > NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    >> And again, you are completely misinterpreting what is being said.

    > Really? Want to bet?
    >
    >> No one is claiming there is two CompUSA's.

    > Want to bet! There is the store CompUSA and the Mail order CompUSA. That
    > makes 2! So what kind of crap are you trying to pull here? If you are
    > trying to pull some new space age math on us, it ain't going to work!!! We
    > are far smarter than to listen to that BS!
    >
    >> There are guidelines on what a store can pass along and what a store
    >> cannot pass along. The POL and auditing system will not allow a
    >> retail store to recoup a unit that was purchased online and is
    >> shipped back to the origin. Different fund cites. Different
    >> accounts. Different methods of fund allocation.
    >>
    >> If you cannot contribute anything other than knee-jerk sophisms,
    >> please stay out of the thread.
    >>
    >> Bobby

    > I have been involved with shipping with major companies like Wal-Mart,
    > Target, UPS, USPS, food chains, etc. for over 10 years. They have trucks
    > going to and from the warehouses to the stores all of the time and it cost
    > them nothing to ship a few items back. And you are the one with the
    > knee-jerk reactions and are totally clueless (and a BSer)! Also by you
    > stepping on the little guy ain't going to make you many friends here! Go
    > play elsewhere! You obviously are no better than the low class crooks that
    > you are trying to defend. BYE!
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    Buh-Bye!

    Why do idiots always have to leave in a flourish?

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 26, 2006
  18. schliss

    BillW50 Guest

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    > Buh-Bye!
    >
    > Why do idiots always have to leave in a flourish?
    >
    > Bobby

    Are you still here? Defender of low class crooks! Who proved he can't
    add 1 plus 1. And wants us to buy your stupid BS! Give us a break Bobby.
    You low lifes are a dime a dozen.

    --
    Bill

    BillW50, Sep 26, 2006
  19. schliss

    tc Guest

    Are you sure you're only 50?
    Terry

    tc, Sep 26, 2006
  20. schliss

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "BillW50" <> wrote in message
    > NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    >> Buh-Bye!
    >>
    >> Why do idiots always have to leave in a flourish?
    >>
    >> Bobby

    > Are you still here? Defender of low class crooks! Who proved he can't add
    > 1 plus 1. And wants us to buy your stupid BS! Give us a break Bobby. You
    > low lifes are a dime a dozen.
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    I can add just fine...it is your math that is off...

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 26, 2006