    to stock settings but still get the computation errors. Which part of the
    system is failing?? Is it overheating?? I'm going to go give the system a
    good cleaning... Thanks.

    Heywood Jablowme, Jul 22, 2007

  2. Heywood Jablowme

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Heywood Jablowme' wrote:
    | I have an overclocked Abit IC7 motherboard running WinXP SP2. I am
    running
    | a scientific program (BOINC - boinc.berkeley.edu) and getting computation
    | errors almost continuously now. I returned the Intel 2800mhz processor
    back
    | to stock settings but still get the computation errors. Which part of
    the
    | system is failing?? Is it overheating?? I'm going to go give the system
    | good cleaning... Thanks.
    _____

    A good cleaning couln't hurt.

    You have not supplied any information about your overclock (CPU, CPU speed,
    bus settings, memory, CPU voltage, etc.) nor information about temperatures
    (ambient, motherboard, CPU).

    I have serveral suggestions.

    Download and install a temperature monitoring program (MotherBoard Monitor
    may work with the aBit IC7 motherboard.) This or a similar program will
    display and log temperatures, voltages, and fan speeds.

    Download and install Orthos. This program will put more stress on the CPU
    than BOINC and will also report the CPU temperature. Best of all, Orthos
    can be set to continuously run small Fast Fourier Transforms, and check the
    results for accuracy - it will halt and report on error. This will allow
    you to seperate the issue of error from BOINC.

    When you gather some pertinent details, post again and perhaps we can
    identify the problem (if any.)

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Jul 22, 2007

  3. Thanks for the reply Phil. I should be more specific. It turns out that
    when I put an air compressor into the case, I created a dust storm. It was
    a heat problem. Everything is back to normal. Thx anyway.

    Heywood Jablowme, Jul 22, 2007