Computer moving really slow

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by tornado, Dec 26, 2007.

  1. tornado

    tornado Guest

    ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card int
    my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my compute
    and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed th
    problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont kno
    what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer
    somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be th
    problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is require
    please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

    Motherboard: Asus p5rd1-vm
    CPU: intel pentium D 2.66
    Video card: Ati Radeon x800XL
    RAM: 1 512 DDR PC3200
    _________________
    'Company logo – Logo Ontwerp' (http://www.logo-ontwerp.net/) 'Credi
    cards for bad credit' (http://www.us-creditcards.com/

    --
    tornado

    tornado, Dec 26, 2007

  2. tornado

    Brett Kline Guest

    tornado wrote:
    > ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card
    > into my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my
    > computer and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it
    > fixed the problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i
    > dont know what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my
    > computer i somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that

    Sounds like the repair install did not work.

    Back your data up and do a *clean* install.

    http://www.windowsreinstall.com/#vista_xp_2000

    Brett Kline, Dec 26, 2007

  3. tornado

    Joe_Z Guest

    "Brett Kline" <> wrote in message
    > tornado wrote:
    >> ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card
    >> into my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my
    >> computer and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it
    >> fixed the problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i
    >> dont know what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my
    >> computer i somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that

    > Sounds like the repair install did not work.
    >
    > Back your data up and do a *clean* install.
    >
    > http://www.windowsreinstall.com/#vista_xp_2000

    And check all the drivers you install are dated for your mainboards
    config, video, nic card, etc...Joe

    Joe_Z, Dec 26, 2007
  4. tornado

    Geoff Guest

    "tornado" <> wrote in message

    > ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
    > my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer
    > and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the
    > problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know
    > what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i
    > somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the
    > problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required
    > please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

    you didn't format it
    back up your files
    and select format during windows install (as in, not quick format)

    Geoff, Dec 27, 2007
  5. tornado

    Augustus Guest

    "Geoff" <> wrote in message

    > "tornado" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
    >> my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer
    >> and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the
    >> problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know
    >> what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i
    >> somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the
    >> problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required
    >> please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

    > you didn't format it
    > back up your files
    > and select format during windows install (as in, not quick format)

    It's immaterial if he selects quick format or full format, that's not why he
    still has files on his HDD. The only difference between the two is whether
    or not the HDD is scanned for bad sectors by chkdsk as it is formatted.
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/format_versus_quick_format.htm

    Augustus, Dec 28, 2007
  6. tornado

    Geoff Guest

    "Augustus" <> wrote in message

    > "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "tornado" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
    >>> my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer
    >>> and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the
    >>> problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know
    >>> what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i
    >>> somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the
    >>> problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required
    >>> please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

    >> you didn't format it
    >> back up your files
    >> and select format during windows install (as in, not quick format)

    > It's immaterial if he selects quick format or full format, that's not why
    > he still has files on his HDD. The only difference between the two is
    > whether or not the HDD is scanned for bad sectors by chkdsk as it is
    > formatted.
    > http://www.theeldergeek.com/format_versus_quick_format.htm

    my bad
    posting at 3am = bleh

    Geoff, Dec 29, 2007
  7. tornado

    JetFuel Guest

    On Dec 26, 6:06 am, tornado <>
    wrote:
    > ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
    > my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer
    > and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the
    > problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know
    > what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i
    > somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the
    > problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required
    > please post. much help apreciated. thank you.
    >
    > Motherboard: Asus p5rd1-vm
    > CPU: intel pentium D 2.66
    > Video card: Ati Radeon x800XL
    > RAM: 1 512 DDR PC3200
    > 'Company logo - Logo Ontwerp' (http://www.logo-ontwerp.net/) 'Credit
    > cards for bad credit' (http://www.us-creditcards.com/)
    >
    > --
    > tornado

    Check in your BIOS to see if your L1 or L2 cache is disabled... if it
    is your computer will be bog slow.

    Al

    JetFuel, Dec 30, 2007