    Ra

    --
    putlog

    putlog, Mar 21, 2005

  2. putlog

    Sifiso Guest

    Hey guys I have the same problem...but my computer wont even
    communicate or send a signal to the keyboard, the monitor and the
    floppy diskette. The only thing it does when you start it up is scan
    the cd rom and then just remains in idol mode...can you help me
    guys....

    Sifiso (South Africa)

    Sifiso, Mar 23, 2005

  3. putlog

    Acey Guest

    (Sifiso) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hey guys I have the same problem...but my computer wont even
    > communicate or send a signal to the keyboard, the monitor and the
    > floppy diskette. The only thing it does when you start it up is scan
    > the cd rom and then just remains in idol mode...can you help me
    > guys....
    >
    > Sifiso (South Africa)

    to both putlog and sifiso did you guys check that the M/B was powered
    by the same power supply as your old one ie. old one could be 300 watt
    new one could be 400 watt

    Acey, Mar 26, 2005
  4. putlog

    Buzzer Guest

    (Sifiso) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hey guys I have the same problem...but my computer wont even
    > communicate or send a signal to the keyboard, the monitor and the
    > floppy diskette. The only thing it does when you start it up is scan
    > the cd rom and then just remains in idol mode...can you help me
    > guys....
    >
    > Sifiso (South Africa)

    I would suggest the PC is unhappy about the video or the memory, they
    are normally the show stoppers at boot up time, is your MB fussy about
    which slot you put the memory sticks in, is it the right type of
    memory ?
    try taking out the video card and re seating it, if it has onboard
    graphics
    then check settings in BIOS
    Does your monitor show " No Signal" ?

    Buzzer, Mar 26, 2005