    Hi, new here so please bare with me, I have a gateway 2000 p5-75
    can anyone talk me througth conecting to the web. first I need to obtain
    the cable from where etc, hope in you, thanks
    munchkin, Nov 4, 2007

  2. On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 15:33:15 -0600, munchkin
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, new here so please bare with me, I have a gateway 2000 p5-75
    >can anyone talk me througth conecting to the web. first I need to obtain
    >the cable from where etc, hope in you, thanks

    Name says it all... surely?

    I smell a troll
    Justin Thompson, Nov 5, 2007

  3. munchkin

    Ben Myers Guest

    Connected to the web through what? Dialup, DSL, cable internet or other?

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 5, 2007
  4. Hi!

    > I have a gateway 2000 p5-75 can anyone talk me througth conecting to the
    > web.

    Wow...that's a classic! I would highly recommend that you go out and look to
    find a newer computer. The computer you have now could certainly be set up
    with Internet connectivity, but it is likely to need some expansion and
    installation of the stuff needed to facilitate the connection. Even after
    all of that, it may not be fast enough for many popular web sites and
    services. You will probably also find that up to date software doesn't work
    well or at all.

    If you don't want to buy a new computer, look for one that's anywhere from
    two to five years old. Such a computer will be much better suited to what
    you have in mind.

    William
    William R. Walsh, Nov 8, 2007