Configing Barton Mobile for HTPC. Need some help.

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Home Theatre Guy, Aug 5, 2006.

  1. Ive got it at 2 ghz at 200fsb. But i want to knock the voltage down
    abit to reduce the cpu temp.

    At the moment its 45c and Ambient in case of 25. Its got a nice big
    Zalman cooler on it. But i think the 1.7 colts iv'e got it at is
    alittle to much.

    Anyone care to suggest some voltages to try that would be stable on
    that setup. Please fell free to throw some other ideas or voltages for
    other bits at me :)

    Thanks.

    1. Advertising

  2. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 00:34:12 +1000, Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > Ive got it at 2 ghz at 200fsb. But i want to knock the voltage down
    > abit to reduce the cpu temp.
    >
    > At the moment its 45c and Ambient in case of 25. Its got a nice big
    > Zalman cooler on it. But i think the 1.7 colts iv'e got it at is
    > alittle to much.

    If you're only running it at 10x200, then you should be able to lower
    vcore to at least 1.5v and probably less than that. Even the non mobiles
    max default voltage is 1.65v, so you've definately got vcore too high.
    Your cpu temp will likely drop 10C at 1.5v.

  3. Ill try 1.5,and play some games Like Hitman Bloody Money and Tomb
    Raider legend on it.

    That should let me know if its stable or not :)

    Thanks for the info.

    On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:20:04 GMT, Wes Newell
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 00:34:12 +1000, Home Theatre Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Ive got it at 2 ghz at 200fsb. But i want to knock the voltage down
    >> abit to reduce the cpu temp.
    >>
    >> At the moment its 45c and Ambient in case of 25. Its got a nice big
    >> Zalman cooler on it. But i think the 1.7 colts iv'e got it at is
    >> alittle to much.
    >>

    >If you're only running it at 10x200, then you should be able to lower
    >vcore to at least 1.5v and probably less than that. Even the non mobiles
    >max default voltage is 1.65v, so you've definately got vcore too high.
    >Your cpu temp will likely drop 10C at 1.5v.

  4. Ill lower the ram timeings as well alittle to give some added
    stability.

    The Cpu cooler is just running at 7 or 5 volts. One of those Zalman
    Fan mates at minium speed the Original not the II version. Not sure
    how low the Original gos ?

    Anyways ive got it full bore now and when the temp Stabilises ill see
    what the minum fan speed does.

    The Vcore is now 1.5volts.

    Thanks.

    On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 01:24:49 +1000, Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre
    Guy> wrote:

    >Ill try 1.5,and play some games Like Hitman Bloody Money and Tomb
    >Raider legend on it.
    >

    >That should let me know if its stable or not :)
    >
    >Thanks for the info.
    >

    >On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:20:04 GMT, Wes Newell
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 00:34:12 +1000, Home Theatre Guy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ive got it at 2 ghz at 200fsb. But i want to knock the voltage down
    >>> abit to reduce the cpu temp.
    >>>
    >>> At the moment its 45c and Ambient in case of 25. Its got a nice big
    >>> Zalman cooler on it. But i think the 1.7 colts iv'e got it at is
    >>> alittle to much.
    >>>

    >>If you're only running it at 10x200, then you should be able to lower
    >>vcore to at least 1.5v and probably less than that. Even the non mobiles
    >>max default voltage is 1.65v, so you've definately got vcore too high.
    >>Your cpu temp will likely drop 10C at 1.5v.

  5. Any idea how low i can go with my setup ??

    On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 01:35:12 +1000, Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre
    Guy> wrote:

    >Ill lower the ram timeings as well alittle to give some added
    >stability.
    >
    >The Cpu cooler is just running at 7 or 5 volts. One of those Zalman
    >Fan mates at minium speed the Original not the II version. Not sure
    >how low the Original gos ?
    >
    >Anyways ive got it full bore now and when the temp Stabilises ill see
    >what the minum fan speed does.
    >
    >The Vcore is now 1.5volts.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >

    >On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 01:24:49 +1000, Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre
    >Guy> wrote:
    >

    >>Ill try 1.5,and play some games Like Hitman Bloody Money and Tomb
    >>Raider legend on it.
    >>

    >>That should let me know if its stable or not :)
    >>
    >>Thanks for the info.
    >>

    >>On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:20:04 GMT, Wes Newell
    >><> wrote:

    >>>If you're only running it at 10x200, then you should be able to lower
    >>>vcore to at least 1.5v and probably less than that. Even the non mobiles
    >>>max default voltage is 1.65v, so you've definately got vcore too high.
    >>>Your cpu temp will likely drop 10C at 1.5v.

  6. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 01:38:22 +1000, Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > Any idea how low i can go with my setup ??
    >>The Vcore is now 1.5volts.

    Look at the PN of the cpu, then go see what the default voltage is here;

    http://www.amdboard.com/amdid.html

    I'd guess default for yours is 1.45v.:)

  7. Yeah but not default for 10X200 :)

    I think the defaulr for a Mobile Barton is 1.800 ghz #X133 mhz bus
    speed.

    Will have a look. Is runnign fine at 1.5 volts by the way. No lock ups
    or nothing bad.

    Bye.

    On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 21:09:39 GMT, Wes Newell
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 01:38:22 +1000, Home Theatre Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Any idea how low i can go with my setup ??
    >>>The Vcore is now 1.5volts.

    >Look at the PN of the cpu, then go see what the default voltage is here;
    >
    >http://www.amdboard.com/amdid.html
    >
    >I'd guess default for yours is 1.45v.:)

  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Wes Newell wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 00:34:12 +1000, Home Theatre Guy wrote:
    >
    > > Ive got it at 2 ghz at 200fsb. But i want to knock the voltage down
    > > abit to reduce the cpu temp.
    > >
    > > At the moment its 45c and Ambient in case of 25. Its got a nice big
    > > Zalman cooler on it. But i think the 1.7 colts iv'e got it at is
    > > alittle to much.
    > >

    > If you're only running it at 10x200, then you should be able to lower
    > vcore to at least 1.5v and probably less than that. Even the non
    > mobiles max default voltage is 1.65v, so you've definately got vcore
    > too high. Your cpu temp will likely drop 10C at 1.5v.

    My non-mobile XP2500+ will run 10 x 200 at 1.50v Prime95-stable overnight.
    --
    Shaun.

  9. Dylan C

    Dylan C Guest

    Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > Ive got it at 2 ghz at 200fsb. But i want to knock the voltage down
    > abit to reduce the cpu temp.
    >
    > At the moment its 45c and Ambient in case of 25. Its got a nice big
    > Zalman cooler on it. But i think the 1.7 colts iv'e got it at is
    > alittle to much.
    >
    > Anyone care to suggest some voltages to try that would be stable on
    > that setup. Please fell free to throw some other ideas or voltages for
    > other bits at me :)
    >
    > Thanks.

    Depending on your tuner, you might not need nearly that much CPU. I
    have a Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE that uses a harware based video encoder and
    I was able to drop my Tbred 2100+ to 1600 MHz, I think. Then I dropped
    the voltage to the CPU minimum to help keep temps low. If you are using
    a software based encoder, disregard anything you just read.

    -Dylan C