    Is this because the higher FSB CPU's don't clock as well, or is there
    something else going on?

    Thanks for any insights.
    Peter van der Goes, Sep 29, 2007

  2. Peter van der Goes

    Al Brumski Guest

    I think the neetest thing about the new 1333Mhz series is the G0
    revision or stepping. This results in much lower temperatures than the
    earlier revisions.

    I went from an E6600 (which I had clocked to 3.6 ghz) to an E6850
    which clocks nicely to 4.1 ghz. This high clock is mostly used for
    bench marks, I run the cpu @3.75 ghz 24/7 and the idle temps are ~25C
    with liquid cooling. Load temps are in the high 40's. You also benefit
    from 10C more headroom with the new procs (72C vs 61C).

    I also purchased a q6600 G0 revision chip which also clocks nicely,
    and again temps are nice and low.

    Info on the upcoming 45 nm chips can be found here:

    http://www.dailytech.com/Intel Preps 45nm Quadcore Desktop Launch/article9070.htm

    With regard to pricing, I think it's largely the AMD vs Intel thing
    going on to our benefit for now. Might not be so good in the future if
    AMD gets squashed completely.

    Al Brumski, Sep 30, 2007