    package 'center.msi' in the box below". So I contacted Kodak about this and
    they told me this was an issue with Microsoft Windows. Can anyone help me,
    please.

    rusty7010, Jun 14, 2008

  2. Think this problem is going to be best addressed by kodak tech support
    or a kodak support forum.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jun 14, 2008

  3. rusty7010

    rusty7010 Guest

    Hi Beverly,
    Yes, that is what I thought. I contacted Kodak yesterday. They told me this
    was a Windows problem. I think it must be as whenever I try to scan a Windows
    communication box pops up.

    rusty7010, Jun 14, 2008
  4. >> They told me this was a Windows problem. <<

    The bottom line is that their application and therefore their scanner,
    which you paid them for, does not work.

    For them to simply respond, "Windows Problem" is unacceptable...
    escalate the call until you get someone who can, at the very least,
    define the problem exactly so that you have enough information to
    correct the problem.

    Willing to bet that somewhere on the box that it came in was a sticker
    which stated "Windows xx Compatible" ...ask them about that claim ;-)

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jun 14, 2008
  5. rusty7010

    rusty7010 Guest

    Hi,
    I have to agree with you, but also if it wasn't a windows problem, then why
    would the pop up error message be contained in a windows app? I don't know,
    it is just frustrating. And just thinking about talking to tech help at Kodak
    makes me kind of sick to my stomach!!! :0) I have the hardest time trying to
    understand what they are saying. Do those people over there in India or
    wherever they are really know what they are talking about??

    rusty7010, Jun 14, 2008
  6. >> And just thinking about talking to tech help at Kodak makes me kind
    of sick to my stomach!!! <<

    State that with details at the beginning of the call and stand fast that
    the call be escalated.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jun 15, 2008
  7. rusty7010

    rusty7010 Guest

    After going through all the help sites and looking things up on Google, the
    'center.msi' is definitely a Windows problem. There are other programs, such
    as RegCure that I can't access. I think I need to download a service pack I
    don't currently have that has some sort of patch?? I just know that MSI (msi,
    eg 'center.msi) is a Windows based application that needs to be fixed. I
    found info that running my RegCure would possibly solve this problem but I
    can even access that. Now on June 7th my son-in-law came over to fix my
    computer. I had a corrupted hard drive. He is a computer engineer and
    researched this. He backed up some things from my hard drive to an external
    hard drive. Anyway, he reinstalled my Windows XP Home Edition. Do you think
    something went wrong during this process or perhaps things were not installed
    that need to be? My computer went back to all the default programs and
    settings. I did notice that there were a few programs I couldn't find that I
    had specifically put on my start menu and accessories. So how can I find
    which service packs are installed now and which ones I need to install to get
    this taken care of? Thanks
    PS Sorry this was so long

    rusty7010, Jun 15, 2008
  8. rusty7010 wrote:

    > Anyway, he reinstalled my Windows XP Home
    > Edition.

    *HOME* edition???
    That's no good at all for a TabletPC!!

    Rainald
    P.S. Just a shot in the fog: As you did not yet let us know which kind
    of *computer* you have, could it be that you are not having a
    *TabletPC*?

    Rainald Taesler, Jun 15, 2008