    how to find out) Has anybody done the same and some advise/hints?
    thx and enjoy
    Bruno
    Bruno Freitag, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Bruno Freitag

    CrimsonLiar Guest

    Not done exactly the same as I have a "Pro-ject Debut/Phono SB" turntable
    and so dont need to use a pre-amp. 0dB is optimal, however if you hit 0dB
    its likely you went over and will actually have lost some of the signal, so
    best to allways keep it under 0dB.

    Your next problem will be that different records have different recoring
    levels, so there is no one level setting that will suit all. Dependant on
    your hardware though, there may be a cheat! If you soundcard can record at
    24bit precision and you have software that can process this, then do it!
    After you have captured you record, cut off the lead-in and lead out, then
    "Normalise" the recording. The results will never be worse than 16bit
    recording (even if you later re-sample to 16bit), and can especially on
    quiet records be a great improvement.

    CrimsonLiar

    CrimsonLiar, Apr 12, 2004