CPU Heatskin/Northbridge Heatsink on NF7-S v2.0

Discussion in 'Abit' started by anthonyi, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. anthonyi

    anthonyi Guest

    Does anybody have a Thermalright SLK-900U CPU cooler and a Zalman ZM-NB32J
    nbridge cooler fitted to a rev 2.0 NF7-S? Is there any modification required
    to have these two coolers in place or are there sufficient clearances such
    that one doesn't impact the other?

    TIA...

    AI

    1. Advertising

  2. JK

    JK Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:01:09 +0000 (UTC), "anthonyi"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anybody have a Thermalright SLK-900U CPU cooler and a Zalman ZM-NB32J
    >nbridge cooler fitted to a rev 2.0 NF7-S? Is there any modification required
    >to have these two coolers in place or are there sufficient clearances such
    >that one doesn't impact the other?

    The NB47-J is a newer version of the chipset cooler. It comes with
    some advanced small parts, so that mounting should be no problem. I
    have heard that it works fine on NF7.

    I use the socketA version of zalman 7000cu on my abit nf7. It was
    necessary though for me to cut a part of the rail screwed on the 2
    bridges, because the rail would else hit some capacitors. The 2
    bridges or standpoints are mounted in the 4 holes around the socket.

    I use this cooler with a barton 2500+, at 11x190, at standard voltage.
    I have also the NB47 on stock, but have not mounted it yet. It _is_
    necessary to take the motherboard out of the cabinet to dismount the
    actice fan, and mount the passive, and also the cpu fan mounting took
    some time !

    best regards

    John