    dont play games much. 1 GB of DDR ram.

    Comments

    Thank you
    justintime, Feb 23, 2007

  2. justintime

    SiO2 Guest

    justintime wrote:
    > I have an Athlon XP 2600 and FIC KT400A mother board, 1GB ram. I was
    > looking at upgrading to something faster as the Athlon 64's have dropped
    > in price.
    > I can get an Athlon 64 3700+ and Gigabyte GA-K8NF9 mother board for $125
    > I see 2 versions of the Athlon 64 one is Athlon 64 3700+ 90nm Rev E and
    > the other is Athlon 64 3700+. What is the difference and is it worth
    > while to upgrade at this time. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro video card and I
    > dont play games much. 1 GB of DDR ram.
    >
    > Comments
    >
    > Thank you

    It would have helped if you gave links to whatever versions you see.
    http://www.amdcompare.com/images/us-en/chart_r2.gif might help you figure
    some of it out.

    This "impulse buy" will snowball into a new video card, new memory, new
    hard drive, new power supply...
    SiO2, Feb 23, 2007

  3. justintime

    joe Guest

    I know I bought a AMD 64 4000 Socket 939 for $75 and a Biostar Geforce
    6400 MB for $50 and a Radeon X800 128 for $30. $155 for the package not
    too bad I thonk, comming from a Tbird 2600 and Radeon 9800 pro. I was
    able to use my DDR memory in this board.

    Thanks

    joe, Mar 3, 2007